Introducing New Live Rock

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by KarenJax, Nov 26, 2010.

1. KarenJax

KarenJax Certified Master Stylist

I don't have enough LR. The original chunk is only about 6 lbs and I know the rule of thumb is 1-2 lbs per gallon. I want to add some more and rearrange my reef set up. Correct me if I'm wrong please but wouldn't NOW be the time to do it? Since the tanks been cycling for only 2 weeks? There is no inhabitants except Bibbity and Bobbity that I can see. I was also going to buy a couple of N. snails to handle the diatom bloom. Can I get the snails and the LR today? Wow all this before my first cup of :coffeemug

KarenJax, Nov 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. KarenJax

Smitty

You can add live rock whenever you want and not have any adverse effects...as lng as the live rock is cured and there is no die-off once it gets into your tank. You can add dry rock whenever you please, cause there isn't anything on there to die to foul your water.

Smitty, Nov 26, 2010
    KarenJax likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. KarenJax

reeffreak

I would add the rocks now and wait on the snails.

Adding any live rock can spike a small tank especially one with very little live rock to begin with.

reeffreak, Nov 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question