Introducing the ECOTECH RADION XR30 LED light system

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
I've had the pleasure of running two Radions over my tank for a few weeks now.
They are pre-production units, but i may be able to answer some of your questions, and at the very least show off a few pics of the Radions in action.

I can say that I have been VERY impressed. I am currently awaiting one more unit, due to my oddly shaped cube tank, so I will then have full coverage. But even with just the two, only my corals on the most outer edge have had some complaints. Everything else has been doing just fine. Before this light, I was running an Aqua Illumination AquaPhoton with one 250w MH and 4 24" ATI Blue Plus.

In comparison, fabulous.
The colors are amazing. I still have the shimmer like with the MH.
And now I can adjust the color to my personal preference.

The units themselves are GORGEOUS.
Gloss black, slim, lightweight. A vast improvement in aesthetics over any other led systems currently being offered. Notice the lack of giant heatsink [cough]AI[/cough].
The fan system works great. Quiet and efficient. The temp of my water dropped.

The unit is controlled by capacitive touch buttons on top. Pretty slick.
A mini usb cable is on one side. You can hook up to your computer to manually adjust the color output off 6 separate color channels, or you can use the capacitive touch buttons to cycle through half a dozen or so pre-programmed color settings. The buttons also allow you to adjust the intensity in very small amounts.

And as noted previously on the interwebs, the plan is to have wireless connectivity to the vortech drivers.

As I mentioned, my units are pre-production so I won't be able to get into too many specifics/features but I'll try to answer questions if I can. I can NOT WAIT until i have full functionality from the completed software and the vortech drivers.

Meanwhile, enjoy a few pics! :)

Introducing... the EcoTech Radion XR30 full spectrum LED light system.

6128520993_6871deee02_o.jpg

6128520213_e81c3ff5dc_o.jpg

6128520837_cdb2c769dd_o.jpg

6128520779_77089cc7f4_o.jpg

6128520621_b8129c99be_o.jpg

sweet, your house also looks like a Home and Garden Cover or other Home magazines

A++

time to sign up for Marine Depot mag again lol

Awesome! These the lights you were mentioning before that you were picked to take pics of for the catalogue? Cool!!! Remember us little people :)

6 channels? I assume we're looking at a fixture that goes beyond the normal white, blue, and royal blue that so many fixtures have. Are you able to talk about what color LEDs this fixture runs?

Yes, they are full spectrum. White, Blue, Royal Blue, Green, and Red.

And yes, so far they are worth the price... in respect to the current LED fixture market.

Holy crap dude, I'd been waiting for these to come out and was excited when I got the email announcement today. Then I visited their site and am like OMG THATS DENNIS' TANK!!

I was afraid this day would come...I am now jealous of a new light fixture over my Vertex Illumina

I notice the Vortech is outside your dry dock.. Is that just for the photo or are you running a 3rd unit now?

KGJVojushofjubwiefh wero wefonweofwyefpsigbsoidgf ns esioegfnse9fn uihs 98u 4n3 98r 34h 8ru34ofne98rfh39nfisuhdfksb89fhos

Oh im sorry that was just me cleaning my keyboard off........ :mrgreen: Hahahahaha

Beautiful tank bro...although you're showcasing the lights (which are awesome), I can't help but admire your tank.

Back