Invertebrates and Coral tank?

devon9832

Reefing newb
I was interested in having the above-referenced tank. I currently have 2 clowns and a tang... Is this possible in my 90g tank pictured below????? any input would be greatly appreciated.

fishtank.jpg

The tank has been running for about 3 months now and i'm not sure what kind of lights i have. I have 6 bulbs... 2 r colored and 4 r white... i think they are like 60 watts each

Start with a few snails to help control algae.Say 4 or 5 to start with.
Fire shrimp are awesome,as are skunk cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp.
Serpent stars are cool,but mostly nocturnal.How ever they will help with any un-eaten food.
As for coral.Start with easy stuff like xenia,zoanthids,star poylps,maybe a leather of some kind.If anybody suggest a kenya weed,slap the snot out of em and run.

Start with a few snails to help control algae.Say 4 or 5 to start with.
Fire shrimp are awesome,as are skunk cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp.
Serpent stars are cool,but mostly nocturnal.How ever they will help with any un-eaten food.
As for coral.Start with easy stuff like xenia,zoanthids,star poylps,maybe a leather of some kind.If anybody suggest a kenya weed,slap the snot out of em and run.

I forgot to mention that i do have a brittle star in there as well. he/she has had babies because i see a bunch of little ones around as well.

I forgot to mention that i do have a brittle star in there as well. he/she has had babies because i see a bunch of little ones around as well.

Probably got several hundred:D
What color is the brittle star?If its green,take it out.The green brittles are called green death for a reason.They will actively hunt and feed on live,healthy fish.

yea, cuz i see a whoooollleee lot of little white things on my glass with all these legs.. they are cool looking. Looks like the snail had kids too cuz i see these little snail lookin creatures on the glass. I thought they didn't come out with shells? these little guys had shells.

You have some nice looking rock. Do you know how old the bulbs are in the fixture? Start off with some easy corals like yote suggested.

Snails are born with their shells. It's a part of their body, like they wear their skeletons on the outside instead of the inside.

yea, cuz i see a whoooollleee lot of little white things on my glass with all these legs.. they are cool looking. Looks like the snail had kids too cuz i see these little snail looking creatures on the glass. I thought they didn't come out with shells? these little guys had shells.

The white things are pods which are great.

The white things are pods which are great.

Cool thanks.. good to kno. They're a lot of them in the tank. coolness. Do i need to get something to get them under control? like i said, i just wanna have a invertebrate and coral tank. I guess i should keep some fish in there to give the inverts something to eat.

Back