Iodine dip help

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Stupid goniopora is a goner...Brown jelly came back, been slowly eating away. I went to LFS and was sold Iodide..I didn't even read the bottle until I got home. Well, they're closed. So I went to my local pharmacy and bought some iodine. it's 2% str. Ingredients are water, alcholo, and sodium iodide.

How do I do this? Is it still something like 40 drops/gallon? Or since this is less str than lugos(5%), do I increase it to 80 drops? Can I mix the Iodide and the iodine safely to get a better effect?

i go to the store and buy povidone iodine.. i dont even measure it out..
i go by color.. i just add till the water has a yellow tinge/gold color. if its almost orange its to much..

Awesome help, ty for the advice. I'm going to give it a shot. It's amazing.....the coral looked PERFECTLY healthy with nice extension, looked perfect. In the middle of one of the lobes, several of the polyps turned inwards on themselves..the next day they were all gone. Today there was a brown mass where those polyps were.

I picked it from the tank and washed it with some tank water..the skeleton was bleach white..literally 2-3 days, it ate away an area the size of a silver dollar...all the way to the bone.

Damn. That was fast. Sorry Gdbyrd.

Shit came back ASAP. I should have done an iodine dip after I cut off that lobe. I just hope the rest of my LPS don't catch it. I did the dip last night and the coral was fully extended again today. Going to just keep doing it for a few days and see how it goes, but so far it looks amazing. Don't understand that, how it could be so perfectly healthy and fully extended to the next day having that huge chunk of jelly.

Back