Iodine test kit

nudy6969

RUSTYS BROWN DOUGHNUT
does api make an iodine test kit? i just bought a xiena and i nees a way to test my iodine levels. the reason i want api one is because i dont want to pay $40 for a fricken test kit. i could not find any cheaper ones. on any what kind of current level should the xiena be placed at?

Seachem makes an iodine test kit for around $10.I'm not sure if API does though.You really don't have to to test for iodine if you do water changes regularly.

Yes, you should have a test kit for anything you dose, but there is no reason to dose iodine. As reeffreak said, water changes will replenish any iodine and/or trace elments that gets used by the tanks inhabitants.

Maybe testing and dosing iodine is good in a heavily stocked softies tank.In a 12g with one xenia-not so much.Go ahead and test if you prefer but don't dose your system unless there's a need for it.

Sounds to me like the LFS was trying to sale you some iodine.
The only time I ever use iodine is to dip a new coral.

I don't think API makes a test for it. I ended up buying the Seachem one. I like to keep a eye on anything in my tank. My iodine has been low so I do add when needed.

Back