Iodine?

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
I'm not sure whether or not I should be adding daily iodine drops. I had a shrimp die...and my LFS said it might be a good idea. I tested my iodine, and it came back at 0.03...and that was with me adding drops occasionally (maybe every few days). Should I add drops daily as my LFS suggested? Will this help my crustaceans? What is a good reading to have for iodine with crustaceans in your tank? Thanks.

If your doing regular water changes,I dont think you have to worry about dosing iodine.
I never dose it,but I also dont test for it.

I had this problem when I was using cheap salt (I think instant ocean...). only dose iodine cautiously and with lots of testing-- test several hours after dosing to ensure you don't overdose. But if you use good salt, it shouldn't be a problem.

Iodine is very quickly removed from the system through skimming and carbon filtration. Also alot of things uptake iodine like calcareous algaes, shrimps and crabs as well as corals. I have always dosed iodine and had no I'll effects. I do t ever though dose what they say. Just every couple of days I add a little bit and that suffices just fine. By little bit I mean a capful of it but I also am adding It to 600+ gallons. Just keep that in mind, dose at least once a week but not the full amount and you can be assured your good

Back