Is 70 inches of fish in a 10 gallon overcrowded?

Indeed! I think the most cute moment is when the first day they finished metamorphosis and started fighting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JReT1IQuRSs]‪9 Days Old Clown Fish - Finished Metamorphosis and Started Fighting‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

OMG did I miss your thread update?? Last time I saw it a couple of weeks ago you were still building up your rotifer supply!! SO CUTE!!!!!! Yeah we know who will be the b*tch between those 2 LOL

I might have forgot to keep the update... :D I've been busy trying out different things to improve the daily routine so that I don't have to spend hours and hours in there. Not that I don't enjoy doing it while staring at the cute babies, just that i've been spending way too much time there and can't get any real work done. You know, the day job. lol

Kinda random, and kinda dumb question, BUT, is the only way to tell if two clowns are paired is if they're laying eggs? Or is there another way to tell? I know sometimes two clowns never pair up but I'm just curious.

When they are paired up, you'll see both of them always swim together. Some would never pair up and they go their own way and stay at different side of the tank.

Some would get divorce as well. :D I gave away another pair a year ago. After they got to the new place, they separated and are staying on different side of the tank.

Last edited:
Hmm, I was just wondering because I had a maroon clown for about 4 months and then a week or two ago got another clown, smaller, so as not to cause too much fighting, and also a maroon, in hopes that they might pair up. And within two days they've been stuck up each others butts pretty much lol. I rarely see them away from each other and they host the same stupid powerhead. I didn't think they could pair up that fast. I wasn't expecting it, just hoping.

That's just so cool! I thought they might have been working towards it but I just didn't want to get my hopes up if that wasn't what was happening. But I haven't seen them apart since I got the second one. I did kind of sit at my lfs and watch the maroons that they had for a while though, trying to find one that matched the personalities of the one I had. What can I say? I'm dedicated hehe

I only have two. I had one for a few months and got the second one a few weeks ago in hopes they might want to pair. He had just seemed so lonely and in need of a friend lol

Ah, very nice!

Also, they really like the shape of the 4" flower pots. If you don't mind having a flower pot inside your tank, they would probably move to the flower pot instead of hosting the powerhead.

Last edited:
I don't mind them hosting the powerhead TOO much lol as I am about to put a bunch more dry rock in there and then it might be a little hard. But they have been acting super strange lately. The female keeps checking out this one corner and snooping around almost as if she's trying to find the perfect spot for something. And when she's not there the male is. Idk. They're clowns though so I can't really expect much more.

They starts very early and do that a lot to practice cleaning a place for spawning. It doesn't mean they would spawn soon. They sometimes do that in one spot, after awhile, it doesn't feel right, they would try another spot.

That's good to know. I know some clowns never spawn but if they're acting like that then it gives me hope =) I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. I know it can take forever.

Back