is a koralia 3 too much for a 30g tank?

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
basically the title says it all

basically i have a fish in my tank and he doesnt move around when the pump is on but once i leave the pump off for a few mins he comes out and is all about my tank ...once the pump goes on he scurries to a safe spot to get away from the current and wont come out ..even to feed untill the K3 is off
:shock:

i have a k4 in my 30 and my damsel swims everywhere just fine,what kind of fish is it? as long as theres not a sand storm it should be fine.maybe he jus doesnt like to much flow try repositioning it

I wouldnt think that a K-3 would be too much for a 30.
Try repositioning it so the the flow gets deflected around some.

I have my koralia 3 in the back of my tank behind the rocks, I thought it was too strong out in the front...my corals didn't appreciate all that flow, so it depends on what livestock you keep.

I've had a K3 in my 29g bowfront for 3 years, but I don't use the directional attachement that goes on the front. I have it attached on the back/top of the tank blowing toward the front glass. It disperses off the front and back around the sides. Occasionally I have to reposition corals for full extension but it hasn't been a problem keeping my stock happy. I also have K3s in my 10 gallon quarantine tanks. It's not ideal at all but I got them for free. My flower anemone has great extention in the direct flow, but my damsel and coral bandeds stay behind rocks.

A K3 would be massive overkill ! I have a K1 in my 29G and its is fine but I also have a 375 GPH pump with 2 nozzles bringing back water from the fuge/sump. Somebody once tried even a K2 and it was over kill for a 29G.

I had a KNano, K1, K2 and a 442GPH return pump from the fuge in my 29g. The flow was insane, but the SPS needed it. My fish also didn't have any problems. In my 75g I run 4 K3's and a 690GPH return pump from the fuge.

Back