with this list of fish...

1.yellowstripe maroon clown
2.kauderns cardinal
3.coral beauty
4.Filamented flasher wrasse
5.helfrichi firefish
6.midas blenny or royal gramma
7.Fridmani Pseudochromis

is it possible to have two of these maroons in a 75gall reef setup or should i go with 2 black osc. clowns??
because i think the maroons get up to 6 inches.

Last edited:
You can put two maroons together if you buy them as mated pair.Maroons are the most difficult to pair up and one may kill the other if not bought as mated pairs.

Pseudochromis are pretty aggressive so add it last.They have similar body as Grammas,they may not get along.I would move the maroons down the list as well since they are aggressive too.

The maroon clowns get pretty big I wouldnt do that much just because thats a lot of fish to feed. Producing a heavy load but if you have a good skimmer that shouldnt be a problem. And of course you probally already know dont add all the fish at once.

My LFS sells Helfrechis for $200 to $250 apiece. VERY expensive fish. It takes ballz to add a fish that expensive to a tank... The most expensive fish I ever had was $120 and it jumped out my tank and then one my cats bit its head off. That was a hard pill to swallow. Go with purple firefish instead if you want to save money.

I dont have a tank set up or I wouldve jumped on it. If they have em when I do Ill own some, had several mated pairs of clowns for 20 to 40 a pair.
Duncans for 10 a head
Acan Lords for 10 a head(large colonies though 100+)
Acopora for 60 to 90 for 3-4inch colonies 20 for 2-3 inch frag
Monti for 30 a 3" round
Scroll for 50 a 4x4 colony
Softies were spendy though...IE 150 a wall hammer

Doh well anyways they were expensive, basically anything that had a long polyp of any kind was expensive. Thanks for correcting me Biff now I know proper catergory.

Back