Is my anomone eating its tenicals?

hingreef

Reefing newb
green bubble tip anomone.
Got it two weeks ago been fine, closed up two day ago, and today it looked like
it was missing tenicals?

idk if he has been eating, been feeding frozen brine shrimp. the cleaner shrmp looks like he has been stealing his food?

the tank is 40g
7 months old
lighting t5 156w 2 10,000k 2 460nm acentic

water parameters

ammonia 0ppm
nitrate 0 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
phosphate 0 ppm
ph 8.2
calcium 380
alkilinity 9

Attachments

• 2011-02-12_21-13-09_405[1].jpg
    2011-02-12_21-13-09_405[1].jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 286
lights might be to weak for a bta watch it closely its noramal for it to poop every day or 2 but it should only take about a houre to do if it keeps looking sick i would try and return it to the store you got it from if it dies in your tank it will kill everything. also try feeding it mysis shrimp or chunks of silverside, brine shrimp are to small.

I wouldn't feed it silversides, there are longs threads on another forum about anemones dying after being fed silversides. There are much better food sources out there for a nem.

I feed mine live chromis or damsels ;), i consider it going green, also if you think it to be dying I would remove it, because with death they can be very toxic and comprise your water parameters.

Mark

anemones are some of the toughest inverts to keep alive in the hobby. Your light is definitely on the low side but it could be a number of reasons. Anemones usually dont do well in tanks younger than a year old. Feeding it manually might keep it going for a while but eventually the lack of light and tank maturity will catch up. With anemones you dont really know if something is seriously wrong or not until its too late. Just keep in mind that if it dies in your tank it will nuke everything along with it.

Keep a good eye on it, if you notice its starting to fall apart, remove it asap.

The tentacles are prob still there and it it does look like its still in good shape. Just keep a good eye on it for a while

Good luck.

Back