is my feather duster dead?

MamaJones

proud reefer!
I'm pretty sure that our first fd is dead....haven't seen it in months and we rarely saw it when it was alive. So far we've left the tube in there...should we take it out b/c I don't really see any harm in it.

We have another small feather duster that was always out and pink and pretty. The other day it must have lost it's plume...how do we know if that one is a goner, too.

I've had a couple feather dusters toss their plumes... one took 3 months to come back, I thought for sure he was dead.

If you're not too squeamish... reach in there and grab the tube (lightly) and pick him up a little bit... you should feel the worm moving around inside. :shock:

Warning: it's really creepy... lol

I'll just leave it...

I'm not sqemish (I have to touch weird things all the time!) I just don't really think I'll dig around in the tank since my recent new additions seem to be stressing each other out enough.

that's funny you ask...I was trying to take pictures this morning already, but the little suckers wouldn't stay still! My battery went dead so I'll have to try again in a couple of hours.

Our new tank has feather ds all over this one rock...I'm really hoping they survive the cycle!

:question: My feather duster was ok two days ago and now it hasn't come out since then??? The top of the tube appears to be folded over. My Nemo fish keeps picking at it? Do you think this one is a goner? I am afraid to leave it in the tank to infect the other fish. What should I do? Anyone have advise?

Thanks,
Andrew :frustrat:

I too would leave it. If you're debating on whether or not to take it out of your tank, maybe you could smell it to see if it's rotting? I'm not sure if featherdusters would ever smell rancid...but it's worth a shot if you're concerned...

:question: My feather duster was ok two days ago and now it hasn't come out since then??? The top of the tube appears to be folded over. My Nemo fish keeps picking at it? Do you think this one is a goner? I am afraid to leave it in the tank to infect the other fish. What should I do? Anyone have advise?

Thanks,
Andrew :frustrat:

It may not be dead yet.The clowns may be causing it to saty inside its tube.

I have a feather duster that is always out, even if I touch the feathers it never retracts. It has been like that since I added it to the tank 2 days ago, is it dead?

Back