Is my Pagoda Cup Coral dying?

Fishyyy

Reefing newb
I am wondering if my Pagoda cup coral is dying or not. My ammonia is 0, nitrite 2, nitrate is about 5-10 now was at 80. I have had it in the tank for about 2 weeks and I am wondering if it's dying because of the color fading and my Nitrates have been incredibly high for some random reason and I have done numerous water changes to try and get it down, the tank has been running for about a month. Here is the video of my Coral Dying Pagoda Cup Coral? - YouTube

kinda hard to tell, but SPS are very sensitive to nitrates and changes in your parameters

Pagoda is LPS

to the OP did your tank go throught its cycle?you said its been up for month, i have never been lucky to have a month cycle , numerous water changes in a tank thats only been up for a around month probably is just pushing the cycle back (IMO)

how did you acclimate the coral?
what kind of lighting are you using?
are you feeding it anything?

because its new some LPS corals do take time to adjust and open up, some can take a few hours, while others a few weeks but with swinging parameters its not giving it time to adjust

LPS are more forgiving to high trates hell i had mine at a level that should have killed a few but their still thriving, acclimation is key htought

Last edited:
oh ok i understand , lol yes it does look like an SPS in the vid, i was giving the benefit of the doubt and just going by what he said it was , for all i know the pogada is just pissed and the polyps are just shrinking or hiding

Yeah that looks nothing like the pagoda I have when retracted my pagoda is perfectly flat where the polyps are, I agree that is an SPS which is going to be very sensitive to changes... I would say keep your tank as stable as you can for here on out and see what happens..
What kind of lighting and flow do you have?

The lights are ekLight T5 6x39w. And my polyps accidently got some salt on them in the process of moving stuff around in the tank, before that they were perfectly fine looking.

Back