Is my zoo getting enough light?

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
I just bought some more live rock (god damn this is addicting!) and i rearranged my whole set up. Now my zoo is in the middle of the tank (vertical & horizontal) but one of the rocks is kind of overhanging over it. Is this enough light for it? Would it prosper on the bottom if i place it on the sand?

Give it some time where it at.
You'd be surprised at how well they'll do even if their in some shade.

I just bought some more live rock (god damn this is addicting!) and i rearranged my whole set up. Now my zoo is in the middle of the tank (vertical & horizontal) but one of the rocks is kind of overhanging over it. Is this enough light for it? Would it prosper on the bottom if i place it on the sand?

I think they do well just about anywhere except in the dark. Watch how it is reacting after a few days, and it will show signs if it isn't happy there.

yep zoa's are a lower light lover, but will do well almost anywhere in your tank. They will tend to color up more in brighter light.

Heres a few pictures. Does it look healthy? I don't know why the one in the middle isn't really opening up anymore...

Attachments

• zoo2.jpg
    zoo2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 222
  • zoo3.jpg
    zoo3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 239
  • zoo4.jpg
    zoo4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 238
Wow those are great! It's probably just still getting acclimated to it's new spot. If it continues to remain closed after a few more days, or if others start to close, you may try a FW/Iodine dip in case you got hitchhikers. Just monitor the condition for now and if it changes for the worse post some pics up and we'll be here to help

Wow those are great! It's probably just still getting acclimated to it's new spot. If it continues to remain closed after a few more days, or if others start to close, you may try a FW/Iodine dip in case you got hitchhikers. Just monitor the condition for now and if it changes for the worse post some pics up and we'll be here to help

They don't look closed to me. And they look like they're getting enough light there!

if that one stays closed and more start to close look up zoa pox
I was thinking that or nudi's but I cant really say that there is any problem from those pics. It looks like all but one are open, just watch them. If the rest of the colony starts to close up, then you have reason to be concerned.

Those are some great looking zoas.
It could be that,that one polyp got pinched a bit in the move.But like Justin said,keep an eye on it.

Back