Is something wrong with me Hippo?

Tango

Reefing newb
img6276jq.jpg

This is the hippo under hardly any light, He looks normal. However, not the two black dots near his eye. They become white/reflective when the light hit it. Also his first dorsal fin also becomes white/reflective when light hits it.
I'll show u in the rest of the pics

img6301p.jpg
See those two "black" spots shine a reflective white now? These two images were taken minutes apart!

img6312g.jpg
In this picture you can see the dorsal also has the white reflective area at the beginning near his head

img6322c.jpg
One more pic for good measure.

So my question is....is this normal or should I be scared...I feel like this might be the beginning stages of brooklynella all over again

I can't tell from those pics :( We did advise you to leave your tank fallow for a couple of months to let all the parasites/diseases die off. But you still had fish in there, meaning this whole time, the parasites live. Even if the fis don't show signs, doesn't mean they don't have it. Just means they fought it off better. Dunno what to tell ya, except just keep feeding him and hope he fights it all off on his own.

So if it IS brook on the hippo, not much else you can do but sit, watch, and keep feeding high quality foods. If he dies, I highly suggest you take out your other fish and really leave the tank empty for a few months. It sucks, but it's the price you pay for not quarantining. And as I said, most of us don't qt, so we all face that possibility.

Back