Is this a Diamond Watchman Goby?

LoveJC03

Reef Enthusiast
Just wanted to know for sure if what we have is actually a real Diamond Watchman Goby. Was having this discussion last night with someone about them and they told me what I actually have is a Diamond Sleeper Goby and not a "True" Diamond Watchman Goby.

According to Live Aquaria they are calling a Diamond Watchman Goby by its scientific name a Valenciennea Puellaris. I was told that a "True" Diamond Watchman Goby is actually a Banded Watchman which only gets 3", instead of our goby who according to Live Aquaria and other sites gets 6". Ours is 5" right now, he was about 3" when we got him. Also, when I do a google image search for Diamond Watchman Goby & Diamond Sleeper Goby the images are exactly the same. Just trying to clear the air, if you have pics of a Diamond Watchman Goby, please share. Thank You. :)

IMG_20130114_045445_zpsac0abe6d.jpg

IMG_20130118_132135_zps6fefc9b0.jpg

I googled it and Cryptocentrus cinctus and Amblyeleotris biguttata both came up as banded watchman goby. I don't know where they're getting that from but I've never heard them called a true diamond goby

I googled it and Cryptocentrus cinctus and Amblyeleotris biguttata both came up as banded watchman goby. I don't know where they're getting that from but I've never heard them called a true diamond goby

Yeah me either, there is one Diamond Watchman..and it's the one we have that gets 6". Maybe they were just trying to prove me wrong..but with incorrect information, the post was deleted this morning lol

Back