is this a Frogspawn or Hammer ??

cajun's pic isn't as clear as mine, but but they don't look hammer shaped to me at all.
Hammerheads are much skinnier, his are pretty close to round. You say they are "developing", but i can tell you that mine at least stay that way.

This is a typical hammerhead. Much different shape.

DSCF2309.jpg

cajun's pic isn't as clear as mine, but but they don't look hammer shaped to me at all.
Hammerheads are much skinnier, his are pretty close to round. You say they are "developing", but i can tell you that mine at least stay that way.

This is a typical hammerhead. Much different shape.

Yes, that is a totally different type of hammer. That is in fact more often referred to as an "anchor" coral.

The heads on his coral clearly are hammer shaped. It doesn't have to have those round anchor shapes to be called a hammer.

if the tips are not round, it's a hammer. His are not round.

I have three different types of hammers in my tank -- only one of them has those anchor shaped tips. The other two have less defined hammer shapes like his.

Anchor coral (a type of hammer):
a-close-view-of-anchor-coral-framed-art-print-19672470.jpeg

Regular hammer:
12699d1234573264-torch-coral-hammercoral.jpg

Frogspawn:
frogspawn.jpg

To me there's no question which one your coral looks the most like.

Exactly. And going by THOSE pics... Cajun has a frogspawn. :)

What?!?! His picture is totally Picture #2 that I posted! Look at the shape of the tentacles on the top and the left where you can clearly see that the tips are not round! They are elongated! Plus, his are not branching throughout the stalk, only at the tops of them!

HAMMER.

Here are two pictures of corals in my tank that I just took. Both of these are hammers. These look just like your coral. You can see that although it's a weak hammer shape, there is definitely a hammer head on their tips. And that they don't have lots of bulbs coming off of the stalks.

012-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

Ok ok ok... i think we need a much better pic of his. :)

MINE is for sure a frog spawn, especially after inspecting it again in person just now.
I have two frogspawn (one is very small but more closer to the pics of frogspawn you posted with LOTS of heads, and the big one that has less heads but definitely more than hammerhead and more round in shape) and two hammer heads. Gonna go take some pics....

Ok, here's my stuff.

Full shot of froggy
958784734_rJwJq-O.jpg

close-up of froggy
958784679_fvfEf-O.jpg

a wee wittle frag from big froggy
958784786_X4J39-O.jpg

side shot of big froggy
958784828_nnGJN-O.jpg

A whole different froggy about the size of a golfball.
958784852_vS4Pi-O.jpg

Small hammer
958784704_wPkUS-O.jpg

another small hammer
958784780_xndcB-O.jpg

Back