Is this a good deal? 90 gallon reef ready

SEA_Monkey

Reefing newb
It comes with the stand and canopy. There is also a sump.

The tank, Oceanic, is supposed to be new. Seller wants 400 for all of it.

Attachments

• 90 gal tank and stand.jpg
    90 gal tank and stand.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,791
See if you can bring him down a bit, say technically reef ready means lighting and skimmer so on, so tell him he is lying! :D Hahaha

WOW Smitty, I just went to your thread and saw your beautiful tank!! You are talented. I love it! Oh, i can only hope to have something half as nice!

I will try to negotiate more. I did get him to lower it 100 already, so I can only hope. I am just afraid that i might be taking on more than I am ready for. This will be my fist saltwater tank. Since a great deal gets invested by the time you are done, not to mention time etc..., I can't afford mistakes. I know larger tanks are more stable etc... but they require more of everything, lighting, salt, rock... the list goes on and on.
I had planned to go with a new 65 gallon Marineland w/corner flo tank and an inexpensive stand for now. I thought I'd wait and get a nice setup later if I found success. But I found this offer and it looks nice, so...

Yes and the extra cost will make it take that much longer to get the equipment to get it started correctly. I am going to go look and think very carefully if he does not come down in price.

I thank all of you for your thoughts and advice.

I can't believe what a disappointment this was!!

The tank,
which was supposed to ne new, had globs of back silicone along some of the inside. The silicone under was clear but very thick so it looked like someone added more than was there originally. The back and both sides were painted black.

The stand,
was was missing an entire side and he didn't even have the missing panel. The molding was also incomplete. The thing was not finished, like someone gave up and stopped midway!

I was polite even though he probably noticed the steam coming out of my ears. Well, I am back to square one and hunting for a tank.

Patience Grasshopper. Keep looking around, there are plenty of people getting out or down grading right now. You'll find a good system at a decent price.

Back