is this a good skimmer

imdaring

love my reef
RED SEA BERLIN TURBO PROTIEN SKIMMER W/ NEEDLE WHEEL PUMP (venturi injection) For All reef enthusiasts. This is one of the best protien skimmers on the market. Rated for up to 300 gallons. It never hurts to do overkill with a protein skimmer so even for a 55 or smaller would be good.
I only used this for 2 weeks so its basically like brand new. I paid $275 for this item. One of the best features about this model is the needle wheel impellar which really chops up the air into very fine bubbles. Also this has a triple action chamber for longer air to water contact time improving perfomance. I got a full cup of skum after just one day of use.
A protien skimmer effectively removes nutrients building debris. Very important for any reef system. This will improve the health of fish and corals and also cut back on algae growth. A very wise purchase, good luck on bidding!

ca62_1.JPG

or I'm also looking at this one

SUPER 1002 VORTEX PROTEIN SKIMMER REFUGIUM REEF NEW
a.imagelink {color:#000000;} a:hover.imagelink {color:#000000;} a:visited.imagelink {color:#666666;} a.imagelink img.auctionimage { border: 2px solid #000000; } a:visited.imagelink img.auctionimage { border: 2px solid #666666; }

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
undrsea_desc.gif

AUCTION is for ( 1 ) " Brand New " in the box CATALINA SUPER 1002 VORTEX PROTEIN SKIMMER
  • Super skimming system for large marine aquariums up to 200 gallons !

• Has a built in venturi reaction chamber to spin the bubbles sideways !
  • Jet venturi injector to give optimum bubble size!
  • Pump not included

Dimensions: 8" x 8" x 6" x 21"

[/FONT]

the red sea berlin is trash, and the second one looks like a knock off of the coralife super skimmers.

what kind of skimmer are you looking for, what size and all that. If you give me a price range you're wanting to stay in I can get you hooked up with a great skimmer!

I would like to stay in the $150.00 range, I was thinking about 160-200 gal skimmer ... I know thats asking a lot to try and find something for that price.. the deal is I'm a stay at home mom and we are in the middle of building a house so ALL of our money is going for that, I'm setting up a new 90 gal in the house with a 55 gal sump and I will need a much bigger skimmer then what I have now so I'm trying to find something affordable

I have never owend the berlin, but have also heard they are no good. I also agree the second one looks like a knockoff super skimmer, which are not bad skimmers at all.

super skimmers arent bad, but they dont make one big enough for a 135 gallon tank, which you have, and youll need a skimmer rated for 270 or more gallons so $150.00 for a skimmer that size i dont think will work but if you double that then you can get something as good as this

http://www.custommarinecreations.com/reef-octopus-small-4quot-recirculating-skimme4.html
great skimmer, will handle 125 gallons VERY well

http://www.custommarinecreations.com/reef-octopus-needlewheel-150.html
also great, will do 150g.

these are head and shoulders better than what you are looking at right now.

http://www.custommarinecreations.com/aquaeuro-classic-135-skim135.html
also a big fan of that.

Plus by purchasing one of those that Nd linked too,you'll be supporting a LRs member.

That would be GREAT!! I will do that for sure, Not ready to order yet but I will be with in the next couple of months, I have been picking things up for the new tank off and on, I just got a 55 gal that I'm going to turn into a sump, I need to get the daffles cut and start to get that ready, so I will need to know what kind of skimmer that I'm going to get b/4 I set the glass pieces in so the skimmer fits, Maybe I better get the skimmer sooner then I was thinking.. Thant would suck if it didn't fit LOL

Plus by purchasing one of those that Nd linked too,you'll be supporting a LRs member.

will do!! we are getting ready to start the pine and sheet rock in the house so once that is under way and they are ready to start the tank room I will be able to start the pics, once I start the sump I will post them as well.. I'm very excited to get the new tank up but trying not to get to excited because then it will seem like it's taking FOREVER!!! It will be a year in July, My husband is doing all the work himself the only thing we are going to contract out is the taping and mudding of the sheet rock :bounce:

so yeah... we're gonna need to see a build thread ;)

The Red Sea Berlin skimmer is a piece of junk. I found that price he says he paid for it (and what he's asking for it) unbelievable.

Any of the Octopus skimmers that Nathan linked to will be tons better.

Re: is this a good skimmer Coralife Super 125 strong enough for 90 gal tank

[FONT=&quot]I got the Coralife Super 125 for $160, and working within 15 minutes out the box (after assembling all the parts, another 15 minutes).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The foam adjustment knob is easy to adjust. I have a new 72 gal bow front. The Coralife Super 125 has the same pump as the Super 220 so it’s got lots of power. I have setup as HOB and is $100 less than the ASM G2 and seems very well built...certainly much better than the SeaClone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also I am using a Rena xP4 to "polish" the water. It also circulates the water and it’s a real (quiet) work horse. And it also setup easy as advertised, seems to be a really great device.:Cheers:[/FONT]

thanks for all the info. I ended up finding a auqua medic 1000 it was a store return $185.00 unit I got for $48.00, it has never been used it just has a small crack that I can repair..

Great price! I have heard they are great skimmers, but I have never owned one to say for sure. Let us know how it does.

I bought it for my new tank that I'm going to be setting up hoping for mid to late summer I HOPE!!! we are in the middle of re building our house and it will be in there. I have a new 90 gal with a 55 gal sump and I might also hook a 20 gal or bigger frag tank. I'm very excited I wish it was to the point that I could start to get it all put together so I can start my build thread,

Back