Is this a mushroom?

BL1

Hey everyone, I've had this frag for a while and I'm not sure what it is ... I think it might be a hairy mushroom but the polyps look really tiny
DSC_0002cropped.jpg

I dont think it is a mushroom. Hairy mushrooms still have the general shape of a mushroom. A stalk with a mushroom top. That doesnt have a stalk and looks more like an encrusting type of coral. Not sure what it is though.

I can't tell, it's on the frag frag in the back of my tank, I need to move it tomorrow so I can tell then

The reason I dont think it is a mushroom is because you can see where the flesh is attached to the rock. It is pretty much the same size as the fleshy part that is expanding. Mushrooms usually have a skinny stalk that attaches to the rock with a larger top that floats more freely in the water.

The reason I dont think it is a mushroom is because you can see where the flesh is attached to the rock. It is pretty much the same size as the fleshy part that is expanding. Mushrooms usually have a skinny stalk that attaches to the rock with a larger top that floats more freely in the water.

That's also why I don't think it's a shroom. The flesh it attached right to the rim.

ok, here a top down pics, the white balance is way off, I can't seem to get it right with my new camera yet. The coral is actually tannish with green tips
DSC_0108cropped.jpg

DSC_0105cropped.jpg

Back