Is this a mushroom?

Does it have a mouth in the center?!?!?!?!
it looks like it has several mouths to my, I circled two of what look like mouths in the pic but there are more in other places
DSC_0105croppedcircle.jpg

Could it be a toadstool?
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral, Green

It looks even less like a mushroom now. Could just be the white balance though
I'm still trying to figure out the white balance to get it's true color to come out but none of the settings I've tried come out less blue

Somebody has to say it.......

We don't know what the hell it is Brian!Poor Biff,she can't come to terms with not having an answer.

I don't think so, Pirate. They are round with a stony skeleton and their tentacles are several inches long. And they would not be a $10 frag! They are expensive. ;)

I think this was already put out there but Sarcophyton ??? If it is a frag it may not have a stem or a (trunk) yet. Im voting Sarcophyton

Yea, I thought it was some kind of hairy mushroom, the polyps are just so much smaller than my other one so I wasn't sure

I think this was already put out there but Sarcophyton ??? If it is a frag it may not have a stem or a (trunk) yet. Im voting Sarcophyton

I don't mean to keep shooting you down, but leathers feel very different than mushrooms. Leathers are, well, leathery. And not as soft. They also don't attach from their entire base like that.

IT'S A HAMMER, DAMMIT!!

I don't mean to keep shooting you down, but leathers feel very different than mushrooms. Leathers are, well, leathery. And not as soft. They also don't attach from their entire base like that.

IT'S A HAMMER, DAMMIT!!

I dont feel shot down . I'm still really new at this and its fun learning new things:mrgreen:

Back