Is this algae hard to get rid of?

reefer82

Reefing newb
What kind of algae is this? and how can I get rid of it?

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

salinity @ 1.023
PH 8.0
Nitries 0
Nitrates 0
Ammonia 0

Looks like cyanobacteria (red slime algae) to me. Your water parameters are good, so it could be a lack of flow in that area. What fish do you have and how much/how often/what kind of food do you feed?

You can try reaching in there and grabbing it to pull it out, or sucking it out with a turkey baster sometimes works.

Looks like cyanobacteria (red slime algae) to me. Your water parameters are good, so it could be a lack of flow in that area. What fish do you have and how much/how often/what kind of food do you feed?

You can try reaching in there and grabbing it to pull it out, or sucking it out with a turkey baster sometimes works.

I have a baby occularis clown, 2 turbo snails and a very small hermit crab and an emerald which has disappered into the twilight for the last 3 days.

I feed a 1/2 a cube of mysis shrimp every 2 days and I do water changes with RO/DI every week about 25%.

As far flow I have 2 425 gph pumps on each side and the algae grows more in the high flow areas of the tank towards the pumps. I also notice that it tends to start going away in the morining when the lights are off.

Try cutting back on your feeding. 1/2 cube every other day for one fish is overdoing it and could be a cause of the algae. Maybe switch to a few pieces of mysis every day; just a pinch. You can do a blackout for several days to help cut the algae off. Turn off all the lights and leave them off for 4 or 5 days. Once a day, remove any cyano that you see by hand. Then do a water change when the blackout is finished.

Try cutting back on your feeding. 1/2 cube every other day for one fish is overdoing it and could be a cause of the algae. Maybe switch to a few pieces of mysis every day; just a pinch. You can do a blackout for several days to help cut the algae off. Turn off all the lights and leave them off for 4 or 5 days. Once a day, remove any cyano that you see by hand. Then do a water change when the blackout is finished.

Exactly.

Back