Is this good or bad???

R3verb

Time to add some coral!
Hey all,

I am new to corals. I got my first piece of coral on some live rock. I think it is brain coral from what I know (correct me if I am wrong). Up until this morning it has looked normal but this morning it had all its feelers out (don't know what they are called). Is it ok? Should I be worried that its dying or is this a normal occurrence? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2438.jpg
    IMG_2438.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 260
he should yake mysis readily,and purp up doesnt really do anything..if you want more coraline find the rock with the most and scrub it with a stiff bristled brush

Usually at night all my corals that have them put them out looking for grub or to sting any other things trying to get at it.

Just to add into the feeding note.

I use 2 Little Fishes Marine Snow and put some in 1 time a week usually. I know when my fish attack their food the corals get particles as well every day.

So I went to the store and purchased a bunch of scallops and clams and blended them up into soup and added water. I found if you don't add water it kind of puffs up in the fridge and gets airy.

So anyway when I add some to my tank it looks like it is snowing particles and all the corals seem to puff up with the quickness.

Tentacles come out and it is a site to see. I have a 220Gal and when it hits the powerheads it explodes in a hail of stuff and I don't put that much in. It is far more to see than using manufactured marine snow type stuff.

My plate coral had its little mouth wide open with its tiny tentacle up, my bubble coral looked the weirdest because it all the tentacles came out and it looks stuck to itself like all pinched up in spots.

The funniest was my Frog Spawn frag, it had this one long arm that stuck out like 3 inches above the rest just waiting for food. Even my Aussie Worm had a bunch of its neon tentacles out in full force.

I am going to post a thread about the stuff I had fed them and the shelf life.

Back