Is this ich on my clownfish?

Haha. The tang police only come knocking at your door if they hear the screams of one of their own from the confines of a miniature tank.

Ok this method you are saying, I was asking if I can use normal garlic powder for cooking I don't think the fish stores around here have the aquarium garlic stuff. Also, where can I get vitamin C?

Try a health food store or whole foods or something. Just liquid garlic and liquid vitamin c. How are they doing?

Well one looks better but one looks worse so I just decided to listen to you and put them back in the main tank, they looked really bored in the quarantine tank. But now at least I have a quarantine tank for whenever I get my next fish.

threat them in copper and it will kill the ich and you will never have it again unless you reintroduce it back into the tank.

Keep your Q Tank set up and running so it's ready for when you get a new fish. I still think the ich will stay in your main tank, but the fish will get stronger after this. Did you get the garlic and vitamin C? I must say I was surprised with the results, I thought I would lose this Tang, but he is active, clear and eating well. Keep us posted on how they are doing, I'm curious if the vitamins work for you.

Haha. The tang police only come knocking at your door if they hear the screams of one of their own from the confines of a miniature tank.

Why you have to use words like "miniature", why you have to bring size into it???

This lady today I went to work on the roof of their building and she opens the window and tells me to be careful there's a Woodpecker out there! I said, what do I have that's wood??? LOL.:mrgreen:

the ich will always be in tha tank unless it set with no fish for at least 4 weeks and all the fish get treated in copper. if you dont do this than there is no reason to even have a qt tank it will defete the propose of the qt.

You can find garlic extract at Petco or Petsmart. They carry the Seachem brand and the Kent Marine brand at my local petstores. What variety!!! :)

the ich will always be in tha tank unless it set with no fish for at least 4 weeks and all the fish get treated in copper. if you dont do this than there is no reason to even have a qt tank it will defete the propose of the qt.

Well possibly but not necessarily. Not every fish will get infected with ich, and if you can prevent your fish from getting it, the parasites will die without anything to live off of. There is actually only a 24 hour period that they have to find a host and if they don't they perish.

yep and as soon as fish are added they have the ich and start the process all over again. if the tank is left fallow for 4 weeks the tomant/cysts die and then and only then if you qt all fish in copper for 3-4weeks you will never have a problem with ich again but if you leave the fish in the tank every fish you add can and will get it

Allright so here's the update. My bigger clownfish fish seems to be doing ok, actively swimming eating and such. But my smaller clownfish isn't really eating, maybe a little sometimes and he is not quite as bright as usual.

I have started trying to use that "kordon ich attack" stuff daily in the main tank since it's reef safe. I just turn off the skimmer for a little bit when I put it in. I also thought about ordering some real medication from drsfostersmith.com, what would you recommend? Like some type of copper meds I could treat the fish with in the hospital tank.

As far as getting the smaller fish to eat more, what should I do, that garlic stuff? Other fish don't seem to be infected, just the clowns.

if the clowns have it than all the fish in the tank have it but they may just not be affected as bad. if the med is reef safe than it will not work worth a poop. there are only two proven ways to will ich hypo-slainity but you need to drop the salinity down to about1.09 for it to work and that is not reef safe and can be hard on the fish. the other is copper but all the fish need to be treated in it not just the clowns or you will be in the same boat as you are in now. there is two different kinds of copper kleted and non-kleated so the test kit you get has to be for the sam kind of copper that you get. i have had the redsea copper but there are a couple different brands that you can get.

If the fish "have it" they would have white dots because in order to "have it" that means the trophont form is feeding off them. Otherwise it would be in the tank somewhere. Certain fish can be more succeptable to it, and if the other fish are behaving normally than why would it matter even if they "had it?"

i know what i am talking about with ich. they can have it and not show signs of it you can beleive me or not. this will be the last ich thread i ever respond to. so take it as it is and when you treat the clowns and but them back into the tank they will get it again as will any fish you add to the tank.

Back