Is this light fixture good enough for a refugium

The light originally linked in the post was the Marineland LED Reef Capable.

I think you'd be better off saving money and just using a CFL bulb, personally.

I'm starting a 200 gallon fish tank and have no idea what's the best light I should get? I want LED because it's energy efficient but is there one light system that will do everything? Will I have to get more than 1 light ballast?

I need a refugium light as well. Recommendations? Links would be helpful.

I just bought tank last week and it has 2,400 lbs of water but it looks dirty. Tank had algae all over it. I don't want to have to wait months!

Please any recommendations would help. Thanks.

CFL? as in fluorescent lighting? I have a 36'' long fluorescent light fixture with 2 40W bulbs....do you think thats enough light for macro algae to thrive??

Nooo.. He meant something much fancier like this: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Cable-6-foot-Reflector-8-5-inch/dp/tags-on-product/B00004SQJA]8 1/2" Reflector[/ame] + [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-29490-23-Watt-Twist-Light/dp/B000V77B4K/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1321019810&sr=1-3]26 Watt CFL[/ame]

:lol:

O_O sorry guys!!! This is the link: UP Aqua UA-F17 6.69 Inch Flexible LED

CFL? as in fluorescent lighting? I have a 36'' long fluorescent light fixture with 2 40W bulbs....do you think thats enough light for macro algae to thrive??

Just the squiggly light bulbs you find just about anywhere. I dont even run a reflector with mine, I just have it pointed towards the 'fuge. I've seen pretty good growth using this method, and the socket + the lightbulb was about $12 if I remember correctly

Thanks a lot!!! Sorry if I ask to much. I have all the things I need to start my tank but im trying to stay within my budget and the only thing thats left is the light. I emptied my 4 tanks and decided to start with the 20g tall one because it looks nicer IMO and is a lot easier to keep, then use the 10g as a refugium. Is it a better option to use 2 of the UP Aqua UA-F17 6.69 Inch Flexible LED for the 20g Tall? and the CFL for the refugium?

Back