This is my stock list for my 75 gallon reef:

Yellow prawn goby

Foxface lo

Tail spot blenny

Six line wrasse

Pair of occelaris clowns

Kole tang

Can I add one more fish?

To be honest, I dont believe in the stocking issues, my LFS has about 20 fish in the display 75 gallon, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. I think if you can just keep everyone happy and healthy the sky is the limit

just my 2 cents

Your LFS is not the permanent home for those fish. You shouldn't judge stocking limits or minimum tank sizes off what your LFS has on display ever.

+1 Erin. You never know how fast those fish are moved to new homes or the kind of daily upkeep they have to do to keep the tank looking ok. Plus that many fish in a small space never made a fish happy. We want happy fish lol.

Idk. A small one? Like maybe a yellow clown goby? One that doesn't get very big and will not add too much to the bioload. I'm still new to this too, so that's just my opinion lol

Yellow Tang, Scopus Tang. things like that, they are not goin to get very big. 3-4 Chromis, Anthias. Lawnmower Blenny. Freidmani.

I already have a goby on the list.

I have a friend who has a tank a little bigger than yours and he has a yellow clown goby and a green clown goby together in the tank and they do just fine. I guess its all a matter of opinion. What about a firefish? Or a possum wrasse? Idk, just throwing out suggestins lol

Can I keep more than one tang in a 75 gallon tank? I like this one.

Maybe a dwarf angle? I've been trying to stay away from them since I want to keep clams and I don't want it to eat my corals.

Those are Anthias, and yes you can keep a few of those. You can keep smaller tangs in there yes. Pygmy Angels, yea you cn keep them, but they tend to pick at some corals. There are however some Angels that are reef safe.

I thought it was only certain types of gobys that you couldn't keep together. Idk for sure. But I know what my friend has and its been working for him for a while. So I think its all trial and error really. Nothing is 100% ok with everything and there may be bickering lol but if they can figure out where they all fit into the tank then I don't see it being a problem. But that's just me, and just cuz I've seen it possible with those two particular ones. Can't say the same for all gobys. But he did hold my diamond goby for me for a while in his tank and they all did fine.

I thought if you have two tangs together in a tank that size they would fight? How does this sound?

Yellow Prawn Goby

Foxface Lo

Tail Spot Blenny

Six Line Wrasse

Pair of Occelaris Clowns

Kole Tang

Carberryi Anthias

Blue Spotted Jawfish

Is this my limit?

Now your talking. No, more than one tang in a tank that size will not usually fight. Tangs of the same type will fight in a tank that size.

Not sure about the jawfish. It's kinda expensive, and it needs 3" sand. I'm not planning on getting that deep a sand bed. Maybe a yellow tang instead?

Back