Is this routine

MissNano

Reefing newb
So i know i had some algae going on that was just routine starter tank algae. But This is now the outcome.. is this routine as well?

Attachments

• tank 018.jpg
    tank 018.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 234
  • tank 017.jpg
    tank 017.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 238
Do you use tap water in your tank, or ro water. Looks like you have excess nutrients in the tank coming from somewhere(too much food, tap water, not enough filtration, not enough flow, too many fish/high bio-load). Try blacking out your tank for few days and then do a massive water change after a few days before turning the lights back on.

Well i have one powerhead and the orignal filter. I use tap water but use stuff to get all the chemicals out. I have 3 fish in a 12 g. 2 nanos and 1 fire goby. ..

That isnt a water movement issue algae, looks like lighting and/or water quality. Perhaps add some CuC that eat it. Urchins, etc. Also what is up with the bubbles you have forming? where are they coming from?

The bubbles are there because the algae is producing oxygen through photosynthesis. Since you just have a 12 gallon tank,get a couple of gallons distilled water from your local walmart.It'll be better than tap and you want have to add declornator.

I started my tank with the additive. Same thing. Nothing but problems. Switched to getting water from the LFS(trust it more than walmart and it gets me in there once a week or so) Algea is starting to recede.

Don't use tap water unless you have an RODI unit. Just a regular filter is not sufficient to get all the bad stuff out, and any additive you add will not get all the bad stuff out either. Tap water can still be filled with heavy metals, phosphates and nitrates -- which will fuel algae.

Back