Is this sealant ok?

lilduud

Reefing newb
1c9b41a9.jpg

Hey just started getting stuff for my plumbing. Is this ok o seal the PVC with? If not what can I use? It says it's water tight and safe but I don't know if that means marine inhabitant safe

Does it say anywhere on the label that it can be used for potable water? If so then you're safe.

Edit: I just read the label :frustrat: it says it's safe for potable water. So you will be safe. Is it a 2 part solution?

Does it say anywhere on the label that it can be used for potable water? If so then you're safe.

Edit: I just read the label :frustrat: it says it's safe for potable water. So you will be safe. Is it a 2 part solution?

Nope it's a one part quick drying adhesive... The thre steps have to be done within 30 seconds. It's the name brand one from home depot so I figured I couldn't go wrong with it

The fine print under the Spanish writing says, “For pressure/non-pressure, potable/non-potable PVC pipe

Duh. I think it will be fine. :lol:
“For pressure/non-pressure, potable/non-potable PVC pipe"
Unless they are being dishonest.

Duh. I think it will be fine. :lol:
“For pressure/non-pressure, potable/non-potable PVC pipe"
Unless they are being dishonest.

Hah yea maybe since it's the first line I missed it the three times I scanned the entire can hahaha. Well looks like it'll work. Getting started on the plumbing now... The 55 will be up and running this week :D

Back