Is this standard?

donthaslthepoff

Reefing newb
Friday me and the kids went to the local aquarium shop and bought some rock. Later that evfening my 8 yr old daughter who might I mention is facinated by the new tank came to me and said daddy there is a baby star fish in the tank, so rushing over to see shure enough there is a baby star fish in the tank. And this morning she found a baby snail. My question to all of you veterians is this a standard thing or did we just get lucky/cursed?:sfish:

its called live rock for a reason, because its full of living things. if you think its fun during the day, take a look at night

Keep searching, you're bound to find more living creatures as time go on. And like Dustin said, check it out at night with a flashlight.

Your just getting started:D Wait untill you have go hunting for a mantis shrimp,or funny looking crab crawls out of the rock.

so last night i took dustins advice and turned off all the lights and looked in with a flash light and WOW there are about 15mini brittle star fish and some other things just to samll to figure out what they are yet

Yes that is very common when you buy live rock, They call it live rock for a reason. There are so many living creatures in those rocks! I think that is so great to look at at night and in the day. Its a beautiful thing!

You'll find tons of cool stuff crawling around in your tank. Snails and starfish are good hitch hikers to find, so congrats on the new animals!

Back