Isolation Tank

RobC

Reefing newb
I set-up a 20 gal tank to sentence my Yellow Tang to a month isolation. He just couldn't behave when I introduced new fish and because of it lost 1 Ebili Angel and 2 Bang. Cardinals. (I know I should have introduced him very last).

Anyway, His sentence was up yesterday now that all the other fish are doing well and I moved him to the reef tank.....all is well.

My question is, what do I do with the 20 gal tank now running with no stock. If I shut it down, all the good bacteria will die and it will probably be useless as a back-up isolation tank. Should I just do a major water change, clean it and keep the filter and skimmer running. Then again will the bugs all die if I don't feed it somehow.

Any suggestions?

Rob

I would keep it going you can use it as a hospital if need ever comes up.Or use it set up a refugium.maybe let run and use it to grow macro algae for you tang.When they eat more veggies they are less aggressive.

any size that would provide adequate size for the animal and that could be maintained/ water chemistry, temp, etc.

Back