issue with PH and coral

prthd

Reefing newb
hi, i my PH is at 7.4 -- nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia are all at 0, salinity is at 1.024. My green star polyp went inside himself, and is not out bloweing around. any ideas.

Whoa...has your tank gone thru a cycle at all...your ph is too low for saltwater. That usually happens when the tank is cycling and the parameters are unstable.

hi, i my PH is at 7.4 -- nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia are all at 0, salinity is at 1.024. My green star polyp went inside himself, and is not out bloweing around. any ideas.

It's 10:53pm here, You posted this an hour ago at 9:53pm, we're in the same time zone (my tank lights are off, maybe yours are too). You say your star polyps went inside itself and your PH is low...were your lights on or off when you noticed the star polyp and the PH?

I don't think lights would really matter in this situation, assuming that the lights had been on all day already. Even if the lights had been turned off for an hour or two, the pH would still be at it's peak...

they are starting to come back out. my tank is 7 weeks old now. everything is doing good. the guy at the LPS said to add baking soda, im not sure about that. kinda freaks me out. my kenya tree, and mushrooms are flurishing, like crazy. i got things popping ip all over the place, i need to get a better camera and show you all so i kno what i got. all my fish are happy, everything is doing well, but my PH scared me, i was hoping it was not affecting the corals.

they are starting to come back out. my tank is 7 weeks old now. everything is doing good. the guy at the LPS said to add baking soda, im not sure about that. kinda freaks me out. my kenya tree, and mushrooms are flurishing, like crazy. i got things popping ip all over the place, i need to get a better camera and show you all so i kno what i got. all my fish are happy, everything is doing well, but my PH scared me, i was hoping it was not affecting the corals.

This post has me thinking that either you've got a bad test kit or made a mistake while running the test.

And baking soda is great to use as a buffer.BUT,if your PH is low,then you need to bake the baking soda in the oven.I like to bake mine at 400* for an hour and then store in an airtight container.

Back