Issue with Returns

mm698657

Reefing newb
I have a 180 Gal Tank

I have a 20 Gal Sump, Skimmer, UV Filter, etc ...

But my water returns are creating a swirling that is sucking air down and blowing it all over my tank

And my water intakes are sucking in air from the surface

Any thoughts?

Here is your best solution. Let me know if the link here isnt enough help. I can give you my own step by step. Or you can purchase one from megaflow also. I have some here depending on what size bulkhead you have.
Durso Standpipes
That solves the intake.

You can get some of these here, the Y fittings and double your output spread and it will slow the force down for your returns. Also, +1 on what AdeptMrSniffles said.
Loc-Line Saltwater Aquarium Fish, Coral & Reef Supplies
Durso Standpipes

I don't have an overflow box instead my returns come straight from my sump up a PVC pipe and into my tank

My intakes do the same

OK, so the pump is sucking the water from the chamber too much? Like Chuysvt said, post a pic and that will give us a better idea of what is going on. If water is sucking into the return pump, then you can just install a 90 degree on the intake to get it further down in the water. I would guess it is cavitating.

Im reading this like the return pump is suckin in air. If this is the case then sounds like you need more water in the return section of your sump...

Back