It is Ready

reefer2b

Reefing newb
3 1/2 weeks after the tankastrophe it is ready. Last week the ammonia was still off the chart. Checked it today it is 0, nitrites are 0 and the nitrates are at 5ppm. I'm going to do a small water change, about 3G. I'll recheck it tomorrow. I'm going on a 2 week vacation on Tues. but I might go get a clean up crew and if hubby wants to take care of a fish I might get one.He isn't going with us. The tanks been covered up and the hair algae as gone down a lot but isn't gone. I'm going to see how much I can pull off. It seems to be coming off easier now than before. :^:

Glad to hear its settling back in.
If your pull out as much of the algae as possible when you do your water,then leave the lights completely off while your on vacation,it'll go a long in getting rid of it.Might be a good idea to wait untill after your vacation to add the too.That is if you decide to leave the lights out while your gone.

+1 to all...You should probably wait till you come back before adding a cuc...that way you could keep the tank isolated and dark and finish getting the tank back in perfect order, while you are gone, without ruining you vacation by worrying about it:D.

Nope.The CUC dont really need the light.
It'd probably be alright to add a few of them.But I'd hold off on the fish until after vacation.

Back