it was a good day for my tank today

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
so in a way im glad i got hair algae

well ill start of saying the following:
i was looking for mud and i went to one of my frequent places i asked and they said tehy werent sure luckily they found 2 containers each 5lbs i looked at the price WOAH !!!!!!! 32.99each well she said they had it for a while and baiscally i would buy one and get the secong free HOW COOL 10 lbs of miracle mud for 30 bucks

then i went on my quest for a cheato i went to petco and i was looking (ive been looking for fire shrimp for the longest and WOW they finnaly had some price each 32.00 for a 1.5inch shrimp i was tempted but once i asked if they had some cheato and the guy nicely said they dont carry any but reffered me to a new place that just opened , i was like egh WTH so i drove OMG first thing i see is a GIANT about 4" fire shrimp in their main display(i was thinking to myself they must was atleast 40bucks for that) so i asked. a 4" fire shrimp only 14.99 :shock::shock::shock: i bought 2 :^::^:

second i asked about sea hares they have about 5 different types for 9.99 :bounce::bounce:i bought 1

and then i saw him the one fish that i have only seen in pics NOONE has him and they have 2 the beautiful MAGNIFICENT FOXFACE ive seen the prices on the internet for about 100 or more

their price only 75.00 ( no i didnt get him but believe me i was drooling) hes about 5" long and brilliantly colored

oh and as for the cheano i was free with my purchases

IM SO HAPPY YEY:Cheers::Cheers:

Wow, you got yourself some great deals. Especially on the fire shrimps...

About the sea horse, make sure you read up on that because i think there could be some issues. Do you have a separate tank for the sea horse? I think they will not be able to compete with fish for food and could starve to death...Im not too sure so make sure you do some research of this.

Im amazed at the great deals you got.

Seahares are big ugly algae eating sea slugs.I don't think he was talking about seahorses,at least I don't think he was....never seen seahorses sold for $10.

believe me i was so happy, the awesome thing is their rafling a tank and for every 40 dollar purchase you get a ticket

but WOAH i could NOT believe the prices
i asked why so cheap

his responce was simple he hated getting gipped so he opened up his own store i wonder how big his profit margin is :mrgreen:

but i think i found myself a new store YEY

im going back tommorow :^::bounce:

Last edited:
C, he said he got a sea hare.

Make sure that if you run out of algae, you take the sea hare back to the store. They will get rid of algae very quickly and will then starve. But they work wonders on algae. Congrats, and post pics of the new additions.

C, he said he got a sea hare.

Make sure that if you run out of algae, you take the sea hare back to the store. They will get rid of algae very quickly and will then starve. But they work wonders on algae. Congrats, and post pics of the new additions.

thanks for the heads up

even if i feed em algae sheets

Seahares are big ugly algae eating sea slugs.I don't think he was talking about seahorses,at least I don't think he was....never seen seahorses sold for $10.

correct sea hares mine is brown with mettalic blue dots on him which look like eyes

heres a pic of the jumbo fire
IMG_0348.JPG

Keep in mind that if the hare gets picked on,that there is a chance that it'll ink your tank.
If that happens,then you'll have to do an 80 to 90% water change.

Just had a quick question about the sea hare, I got a small one a while back and it was all over my glass and stuff for the first few days, then it is now no where to be seen... Do they often hide? I havent seen it in over a week now... And damn, where is this fish store? I want a fire shrimp for 15$!! Congrats, i'm willing to pay 32 right now, but no one ever has any in, including fosters and smith for the last month or two.

sounds like a good day...

Can you put fire shrimp in a regular tank, I thought I saw somewhere that they needed cooler water (maybe that was something else though)? I hope I'm wrong because I would love to get one when my tank is ready.

Back