It's baby time - clowning around

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
It was a pretty amazing day, as I watched my clown fish lay eggs today :bounce:
I know that when they hatch, they will be fish food, but I feel like a proud papa!!

It's great knowing that they are very happy with the new tank, as it is only 3 month old now. I'm so glad that I swithed from the old canister filter system to the now sump system. All the fish and corals seem to be very happy.

Just thought I'd share the joy!!!

You know what would help you share the joy a little better?

PICTURES!!

Congrats! What else do you have in the tank? If you don't have other fish, there's a chance some will survive. That is, if they don't get eaten by the corals or sucked into your filter/s first...

I tried to take pictures, but the eggs were laid on the back of a rock that I can't get a shot of. They are pink right now and really blend in with the coraline. I will keep trying though!!

The only other fish right now is 1 black clown, 2 chromis, and a Purple Tang. I'm sure the Tang will make short work of the babies!!

No, they can't be moved. They laid them on one of the foundation stones, plus I don't have another tank to put them in :sad:

Well, all of the eggs are gone now. It only took 2 days for most of them to disappear, but they are all gone now :( Some day I may have to get a small tank to try and raise the eggs to maturity.

Well, all of the eggs are gone now. It only took 2 days for most of them to disappear, but they are all gone now :( Some day I may have to get a small tank to try and raise the eggs to maturity.

Without a doubt. It will be next to impossible to raise them in the DT. As soon as I get a bigger place I want to try and raise a few batches.

Back