Its great here on Living Reef!

naperenterprise

Likes it here...
I've been on another forum for some time, and I have to say I like it here...

If you guys and gals want to help me work on my hitchhiker list (We'll consider this YOUR List) I would be happy.

All I need is a short description of these hichhikers listed on this link: http://www.naperenterprise.com/HH.htm

Once you see it you'll get the idea (scroll down until you see one thats not yet filled in, here is where I need the help)... Just post your description here on this thread and I'll get it uploaded to the link with your user name attached.

Thanks for your help.

Feel free to list a HH'er thats not on the list too if you want. I'll get it added.

Last edited:
Yes indeed I have to agree, It is GREAT here at Living Reefs. I too came from another site. The dreaded Reef Central. Where hey if you like every other thread being closed for some dumb-ass reason then that's your place!! This is my new main hangout.

Your site there was interesting.

There simply is none better than LR. It is rare to find a community full of people that truly enjoy each other, welcome newbies, and go out of their way to help everyone whether it is the same newb question for the 100th time, or some crazy outbreak that hasn't been seen before. It demonstrates the commitment to the hobby that they really have. It is almost as exciting as watching my new tank take shape, to come on here, check in with everyone, and read the days' news. This really is an exceptional group of people.

As for your hitchhiker guide, wow! That is the most conclusive hitchhiker list I have found. Thank you. I look forward to seeing your progress in completing it.

Last edited:
As for your hitchhiker guide, wow! That is the most conclusive hitchhiker list I have found. Thank you. I look forward to seeing your progress in completing it.

We'll it nothing special, just something to keep me busy right now ;)
This list is your list, its a bunch of folks experience put together for all of us to use. I'm sure there are better web sites out there, I just like the simplicity of looking at a photo, and saying yup...thats what i found... from there we can google our find for the more specific information some of us may require when we find an interesting HH'er.

I hope the folks from Living Reefs help me complete this list... before I go back to school in january ;) Because then I will have NO time to do anything...lol

Thanks everyone for a wonderful forum... I think this will be my new home away from home so to speak.

This was the first reef site I found,over a year ago.Since then,I've read through several other,and posted once or twice(never once had a post answered on RC or SWF.com.
Guess I'll go crazy at work tomorrow night,knowing I wont be able to spend time here untill probably sometime late Sunday.

Its all because of Biff's iron fist! Get out of line once......you'll be outta here with your tail between your legs!!!!

All kidding aside, I've only seen one instance of the rules having to be "enforced" on this site. Its nice to come to a place where you know you're going to be treated with respect

yeah i got another hooked on living reefs, i've got a few from reef central to visit here. hey stu i new you would like this site everyone here are great people. I can put a post on reef central asking advice and if its not something for sale no one will reply here everyone replies and everyone is willing to help as much as possible.

There simply is none better than LR. It is rare to find a community full of people that truly enjoy each other, welcome newbies, and go out of their way to help everyone whether it is the same newb question for the 100th time

That's a huge difference I see between this site and others. I've noticed on other sites, if someone asks, "I just set up my tank, when can I add my first fish?" (probably the most common and most newbish question that's asked), people on the other forums will just tell them to search the archives. Search, search, search, before you ask, newbster.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone on here let a question go unanswered by directing the poster to do a search. I think that's lame. People on here have been asked that question hundreds of times, and we've answered it hundreds of times, and we will continue to answer it every time it's asked. It doesn't matter if I've heard the same response a hundred times, that info is obviously new to the poster, and what they're looking for, not some snotty brush off.

Agreed, nothing sucks more than being told to search....especially when the search function never works on the reef site you are on!!!

we will continue to answer it every time it's asked. It doesn't matter if I've heard the same response a hundred times, that info is obviously new to the poster, and what they're looking for, not some snotty brush off.
That's the way it should be, I mean really, how hard is it to copy and paste. I think that the difference is that this community is loaded with hobbyists, not store owners looking to push their product or establish dominance. We all know how it feels to be the scared newb making their first "stupid question" post. It is so encouraging to have someone help you. I know. I'm still a newb!

d.french I'm glad you got me over here. And thanks.

I've said it a millon times and I'll say it more than that again, "There is no stupid question, we were all there once".

I don't know much, but I try to help, and if I'm wrong about something, I'm counting on someone to correct it so the poster does get the right answers.

Back