Ive Just noticed a Bristol Worm!!What should i Do?

roberttroy81

Ocean Fanatic
I just added two new additions today.I noticed a Bristol Worm on a piece of live rock.I sat and watched for about a half hour and didn't notice another.What should i do?

At first I thought they were bad from what I heard, but then I realized when everyone said that they were good, that it makes sense... They aren't hurting anything. The old guy at the LFS said they were bad... go figure.

I have seen up to 15 or 20 in my tank. I'm sure there are twice that many in my tank. Leave 'em be. They eat fish poop and leftover food. If they get really big 8" -- grab em with a pair of hemostats and run a hook through em. Take em fishing and drown em. You might catch a whopper!!

great idea. I don't think I look close enough in my tank to find the little buggers!

-Doc

If you find a worm without bristels(blue/purpel) get it out!!!!!
I had 2 in my tank and the ate most of by button polyps.

Thanks everyone!!I heard they are bad so i got worried.Im adding a little live rock at a time,and this piece i got did have a lot of hitchickers on it.

Heres my new addition thats a coral,My LFS gave my a deal ($15.99) for this.
Picture064.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen up to 15 or 20 in my tank.

ive got you beat. at one point in time i was at well over a hundred. havent seen as many lately, but i have more things to mess with them so they are probably just hiding better. maybe my sixline is gobbling some up too.

nice 15 dollar rock! i would have dont the same. the guy at my LFS sucks he never cuts me deals on anything. my old one gave me stuff for free all the time and 25 percent off everywhere. now he is the only one left in town (and no she didnt go out of business for givin stuff away cheap) its sucks but whats a man to do

bristle worms will establish a population according to how much food is there for them they will not over populate your tank but incase you are worried about to many wrasse and pseudochromis eat bristle worms. My buddy begs for me to bring him bristle worms because his green coris wrasse and christmas wrasse can decemate every bristle worm, nudibranch, flatworm or any other pest you could imagine.

Thanks everyone!!I heard they are bad so i got worried.Im adding a little live rock at a time,and this piece i got did have a lot of hitchickers on it.

Heres my new addition thats a coral,My LFS gave my a deal ($15.99) for this.
Picture064.jpg

Nice, that is a heck of a deal.

Nice GSPs you've got there! The should spread like crazy... If they get too out of control, you can move the rock to the sandbed.

Back