I've tried peroxide

So I was at the LFS store yesterday and the guy on duty and I spoke in detail about the different tankset ups they run. :twocents: Come to find out he shared with me that their main reef tand where the corals are placed for sale was treated a few months back with a drip of hydrogen peroxide. He said he would get me the formula they used when I got back. My question is since it has now been over 6 months since Smitty and some others tried this what has been the long term effect?:question: I'm considering scubbing the rock to get a head start in a cooler of salt water placing it back in the tank (rocks would stay submerged of course while in cooler). Do a water change within a week and then try the drip method. Your thoughts?:Cheers:

So I was at the LFS store yesterday and the guy on duty and I spoke in detail about the different tank setups they run. :twocents: Come to find out he shared with me that their main reef tank where the corals are placed for sale was treated a few months back with a drip of hydrogen peroxide. He said he would get me the formula they used when I got back. My question is since it has now been over 6 months since Smitty and some others tried this what has been the long term effect?:question: I'm considering scrubbing the rock to get a head start in a cooler of salt water placing it back in the tank (rocks would stay submerged of course while in cooler). Do a water change within a week and then try the drip method. Your thoughts?:Cheers:

For my tank it worked wonders but I stopped treating to soon each time I treat less and less comes back. Just be sure to pluck as much as you can out and watch your feeding habits and water change habits. Also do not mix this with use of a chem like algacide it will kill some corals. Other than that it works really well for me just have to keep up for treatments. i keep an eye on phos and ammonia levels more than I ever have. One other thing you can try if its just starting and its not to bad try acclimating 2-3 sail-fin molly's to your tank they will take care of the hare and there fry are free live food.

Back