Jacks Streamers!

Alex I am sad for you! I wish I could hook you up with a bigger tank for Jack. I would if I could! Hopefully he will still be close so you can have visitation rights. He is beautiful!
BTW thanks for the sympathy. i appreciate it. And hey if you win the 222 million on powerball tomorrow night please keep me in mind! :mrgreen:

It's unlikely as I dont play, but I am optimistic for you. In fact, if I do win, you are getting two tanks! One 700 gal all for jack, and the other, a 5000 gal shark tank just because everyone should have sharks in their living room!

Not to step out of line here Alex, but Sarah, are you deciding to get rid of that 240? If you do, let me know. Assuming Alex doesn't want it, I may!

YESSSSSSSS! I have been wanting to down-size since about December. But I can't until A) I find a suitable replacement tank that I want (I want a 48" tank, DRILLED, so I can use my existing 48" T5 light set in my closet), and B) someone to buy the extra 300 lbs or so of rock that I would need to get rid of when I down-size!

I was able to sell some of the rock recently, but as you can imagine, not too many people are currently jumping in to start up this hobby. I think if I could sell about 200 to 300 lbs more of the rock, and find a nice 4 foot long tank and stand, I'd have enough rock leftover to set up a new, smaller, tank. Which is what I have been wanting to do!

My 240 is just too big for me to manage and properly take care of.

If you are interested, I will also be needing to get rid of the stand and 7-foot MH/T5 combo light fixture I have :)

It's unlikely as I dont play, but I am optimistic for you. In fact, if I do win, you are getting two tanks! One 700 gal all for jack, and the other, a 5000 gal shark tank just because everyone should have sharks in their living room!
you rock and especially because i dont know if you were around but i dont think you were. doc and i talked about shark tanks very frequently! I want black tip reef sharks really bad. if i ever have enough money for a ridiculously large undertaking like that i will definitely have some!

I am very interested but realistically more of a dreamer than anything today. I will talk to you more about it if you havent already gotten rid of it when I am in a position to upgrade. I would suggest that you put your LR on craigslist. In the mean time I have a couple of friends that I will mention it to. They are setting up some big tanks and may be interested in what you have. Send me a PM with the specs and pricing. I'll see what I can do.

you rock and especially because i dont know if you were around but i dont think you were. doc and i talked about shark tanks very frequently! I want black tip reef sharks really bad. if i ever have enough money for a ridiculously large undertaking like that i will definitely have some!
Yeah I'd be lying if I said that I didn't already know you wanted sharks. I enjoyed reading all of your's and Doc's write ups and I miss him here. I have always wanted sharks too. I want a tank that seperates two rooms with black tips, white tips, leapords, or wobogongs, or some combination of all of them, with angels and eels. I get anxious thinking about it. I could go on for hours about all of the details... some day I will either have a tank like that or my own private island, or perhaps both!

Come on D, this is old news. The fact is that Alex is a cool guy and I figured that it would be fun to visit, drink some beers, and help him set up his new tank. I saw a mutually beneficial opportunity to help a friend and under those circumstances, who in their right mind wouldn't offer to help?

I think my next tank will be bigger as well. Maybe 300-400 gallons. Maybe square and higher up off the floor. (Justin- Kinda like SWS's new show tank, but finished off, not so raw)

Come on D, this is old news. The fact is that Alex is a cool guy and I figured that it would be fun to visit, drink some beers, and help him set up his new tank. I saw a mutually beneficial opportunity to help a friend and under those circumstances, who in their right mind wouldn't offer to help?

Maybe change your sig to state "Pimp Daddy, Justin..."

Pimp daddy Justin. Slangan giant fish tanks that everyone wants but no one will buy each and every day man. It's what I do! Gotta get paid fool! And you know this...

Jack is gorgeous. I am going to be sad when my Ming Ming out grows my tank. If Ming ends up being a girl though I might be able to put her in the 850 with Linguine :) he's my male, he's still not as big as your Jack yet..

If Ming turns out to be a male though I will donate him to the Dixie state college they have a 900 gl aquarium.

I can't resist to talk about the shark tank... You guys was talking about I have always wanted one as well, I am going to build a swimming pool that has sharks (that way I can dive with them as well :) hehe

Back