Jakes 84g adventure! ! ! ! ! !

jr7168

Artic Reefer!
Greetings everyone,

I am still fairly new and completely hooked on this. I picked up an 84g custom tank for 200 bones w/ lights stand and all that good stuff. I'm gonna build it. So first i cleaned the tar out of it. Then i re-checked all the wiring and made sure its legit. I then re-siliconed inside of glass and painted back/sides (krylon fusion flat). I picked up an APC power back up and some surge protectors.

Tank after cleaning/paint/and checkout.
photo43.jpg

Straight on and my 29g looks so tiny in background.
photo42.jpg

Light setup
photo41.jpg

Mini fan for temp control
photo39.jpg

Couple emperor 400's
photo37.jpg

photo36.jpg

oh yeah i also got the following:

Koralia 1050
Koralia 750 (2)
80lbs Arag - Hawaiin Black sand
300w Hydor Theo
Planning on buying Reef Oco Skimmer

i'm going to keep mainly softies, mushrooms, and such. Mostly some fun fish keepin it simple for me and the kiddo's. plus the tank is 60x18x18 so its not as far to the lights. but that is why u are here to keep me educated. so thank you :)

I am already eyeing my slow additions to the tank. Here is what i think i try reading there habits and requirements and of course all of your inputs.

1- Flame Angelfish / Bicolor angel maybe

1-Coral Beauty

1-Spotted mandy

1-tang- pygmy or yellow (small) /kole yellow eye

1-Six Line Wrasse

2- O. clowns

that was what i was reading just now they can mess w/ eachother. and then you do like one fish at a time over a year or so?

im not sure what you are asking. In an 84 gal tank you will have problems. In huge tanks you can try adding more than one, but i wouldnt try it in yours.

oh no no no. i meant all the fish. add like one fish at a time. haha

i know you QT them and add each addition slowly to the tank so the bioloads dont get overwhelmed. am i correct?

photo45.jpg

started the fill up

photo48.jpg

lil aquascaping

photo44-1.jpg

lil side shot

Well i added my rocks, black live sand, and filled her up with water.

Back