January Meeting!

I hope so I already have a spot for it all Im waiting on is iron to let me know :) hey I let a commet under your tank pic rev is that tank done with oceanic salt??

Yeh they are really cool fish - They seem to have paired up without too much trouble mainly because the male lets the female be dominant. ( I know a lot of females that would be happy with that arrangement!!) The host in a large green BTA. It swells to about 10-12" across - they are pretty happy in there! I just added a flame angel and the bnig female clown is standing her ground whenever the flame comes around. I can tell she could really be bi*** if she wanted too. But so far she has been a great fish.

Bryan's frogspawn is very nice - I have a frag of it in my 58. Very good color. He has a clown hosting under his frogspawn. It's pretty cool looking. If your looking for some he has got nice stuff. I think the 3 head frag he is talking about is pretty big 6-7" across or better. I think that's the one I'm thinking about. He will let you know tonight if I'm wrong.

Sounds like there doing great man she should be any trouble unless her teritory is being breached then there kinda moody but she shouldnt be any trouble are they your first set of clowns?

thank you for the info on the frogspawn that sounds perfect as far as demention goes.

Yes they are my first set. I got her with the nem from a guy in knoxvegas. He was moving to cali and didn't want to risk losing either one. I got them approx 6-8 months ago. I just got the male about a month ago. There is a guy in knoxvegas that breeds them - he has some of the nicest clowns available - and his prices are great too. So if you ever want more he's the man to talk too.

Sounds great your in for a wild ride they are in my oppinion the greatest breed to have in a tank they spawn in captivity the best they are hardy and very friendly when it comes to human interactions from my personal expierence that is I, like you have heard horror stories but have yet to witness any of it though I do know if something changes in the eco system that they have adapted to they can get a little cranky and also if your wanting them to breed I have found considerable knowledge that they do this better if there host is on a flat serface hope this helps you in your quest any questions or concerns dont hesitate to ask.

hey jelly, the bigger frospawn is accually 4 heads, the only time you can see the number of heads is when the lights have been out for along time and it has closed up. Ill still sell it as a 3 head though since I already told you. As for size I can only guess. each head when open is about the size of a softball so figure four baseballs side by side. Also these are not fresh cut, I cut and mounted them several months ago so they look dont look like frags. the big one os on a decent size rock that is fairly flat so it will be easy to possition. I have another one that has three or more heads but the way it has grown only opens up the size of about two heads. Anyway your more than welcome to come by and check them out and see what you think.

if your in a rush you could come one night this week. (tues,wedn, thursday) I get home around 7:00. I will be leaving for a ski trip early saturday so it would be the next weekend before I would be available again. send me a pm with a phone number or something and we can figure something out.

Since the marines laughed at my amazing fasike im gonna assume that means 4:30 to those of us that dont belong to the goverment!:mrgreen:

meeting my wife is the reason I went :) sometimes you need a vacation even if it is 4 months of physical and mental abuse thats heaven compared to her.

JellyMan said:
meeting my wife is the reason I went :) sometimes you need a vacation even if it is 4 months of physical and mental abuse thats heaven compared to her.

I'll second that. You would just have to get know his wife.

Hey Iron thanks again man they look great in the tank with the pc I have the color is just as flourishing looks amazing. And the hitchhikers couldnt have been better lol so far two brittles and a young urchin. :) about the size of a pencil eracer

glad to hear its doing good! As for the hitchikers they were free. But ive never seen a urchin in my tank? It was great meeting you and jerm. Not at all as redneck as I expected! :mrgreen: But really it was great to meet yall and well see you at the next meeting

Ironman said:
glad to hear its doing good! As for the hitchikers they were free. But ive never seen a urchin in my tank? It was great meeting you and jerm. Not at all as redneck as I expected! :mrgreen: But really it was great to meet yall and well see you at the next meeting

I think I'm offended. :confused: :D Why did you think we would be more redneck than what we are?

Hey I resemble that remark urr, uh, anyway yeah went home last night and noticed the froggy is spawing I have anywhere between 7-10 babies and the Star was just a waving. Yes it was good meeting you as well well see ya at the next meeting if you need anything let us know.

Back