JBJ Auto Top Off

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
Ok, I've been reading as many reviews on this product as I can:

JBJ Automatic Top Off (A.T.O.) System Water Level Controller

Unfortunately, most of them read like "I've just got this in the mail today and it looks good!" Or "I've been using this for a week and ok so far..."

I am wondering if any of you have used this ATO for LONGER than 6 months, and what your experience has been. I would like to be finally FREE of my 5-gal-day manual bucket-hauling top off "system" so that I could finally confidently leave my house for longer than 24 hours. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all. :bowdown:

Thanks for your responses guys. I guess I thought several of our forum friends used this unit. I was really hoping to get a direct user review, someone who has been using this one for a little while.

I have the JBJ hooked up to my frag tanks. It works just like it is supposed to. Pretty much a set it and forget it, until you need to re-fill your RO container anyways.

I have one and love it, but I did not meet your 6month requirement.

very easy to set-up and I only have to top off the holding tank once a week! wonderful idea and wonderful product. Just like another poster said... set it and forget it...

you need to pick up a dosing pump with it. I use this one:

Aqua Lifter Water & Air Pump - English

I needed to have to dosing pump set higher than the holding tank or a siphon would start.. no big deal, just a quick adjustment.

The only thing I regret.. is waiting soooo long to put one in.

Hope it helps.

Thank you both. I plan to set the pump into my RO/DI reservoir, which is also set up with a float valve to my RO/DI unit. Reservior gets too low, RO/DI refills it. Only tricky part is I need to transfer the water from the garage to the livingroom, half a floor up. Thanks Moe for the tip about back siphon, that would definately be a probllem since the reservoir will be sitting lower than the tank.

Back