JCE's road to a success

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
IMG_0127.JPG

it stayed a week after i bought it in the corner i was reading as much as i could before i knew about this forum YOU PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Semper Fi" hence the book
IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

couple hours after the salt and water went into the tank

IMG_0129.JPG

frontal view

IMG_0133.JPG

the filter

IMG_0135.JPG

fiji rock

IMG_0134.JPG

my sand

IMG_0141.JPG

the chemistry

IMG_0139.JPG

need more rock and maybe a damsel

Last edited:
Great Start. keep the pics a rollin'

IMHO if you dont want to pull all the rock apart to get the damsel out I would skip it, just use a raw table shrimp, to kick start the cycle.

Don't do it. Don't add the Damsel! Wretched mean fish. You'll have to break your entire tank down to get him out. Do what lion suggested, put a piece of raw shrimp in there to cycle the tank. Oh, and check out the articles section here, crazy amounts of free info.

I agree. I started with 3 damsels and they forced me to remove all my rocks to catch them. However, from your setup, it should be easy to catch since you dont have rocks stacked so tightly together making a huge tower. I dont recommend keeping them for too long because they will harass the new fish.

pics look great, get as much LR in there as you can, at least so it goes up about halfway in the tank. Looking great so far. Your room is gonna be sweet!

IMG_0197.JPG

yeah it was fun getting those damb dancels out well one atleast but as of now this is what it looks like new toy aqua c remora pro:^:

Looking good man! Is that an overflow box in the corner? Do you have a sump? You could put the skimmer in the sump if you want to hide it.

Thanks Yeah do I really need the overflow

I have a wet dry filter dies that count as a sump

Last edited:
FINE :grumble: ill just plop into my FW :mrgreen:

im too lazy now ill do it the day after tommorow's tommorow hehe

holy crap its 1 o clock AGH i go to work at 6

Back