JCE's road to a success

See I meant to vote, but since I am either at work all day where nobody discusses voting or I am on this website all night researching fish, I totally forgot there was a vote. I will vote once it is down to 2 for sure.

NEW TOY TODAY i got my refractometer :bounce::^: its always a great feeling seeing a brown box on my porch YEY

oh and heres a pic of my coral

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

Pic of of now
tried aquascapimg again pushed all my LR back
more swimming space

those things you see in the front floor are actual seashells got them from the far side of the island i cleaned with HOT water and brushed them with tootbrush
IMG_0306.JPG

YOTE ???? you never answered i posted the pic of the coral just so you could verify if it is or isnt a gonipora coral

It looks like a goni to me Jc.Best I can tell from the pics any way.
Sorry,I'm trying to multi-task tonight.Got more pokers in the fire than I can handle.

the only reason i bought it was cause the guy at the not so LFS told me it was a good "starter" coral took his word for it it was only 40 bucks so i wa slike WTH the regular guy wasnt their so DAMB

it looks good for now nice and open and long arms *sigh* i hope i didnt F#@k up

anywho the rock thats its on and retracts to is BRIGHT green

Get some frozen cyclops and rotifers.About every 3 or days thaw a cube in some tank water.Then gently squirt it at the goni.Their one of those corals that needs to be spot fed ever so often.
And thats one of the reasons you should never trust a LFS.There in it to make money and most of em dont care if the fish or coral lives once they have your money.

all i got in my frozen foods is

frozen brine shrimp
frozen blood worms
and frozen beefhearts

ill go tommorown and see if some Locals have any

Sorry to say, JC, but goniopora is one of the MOST DIFFICULT corals to keep alive. Very few people can do it. Even people with years of experience and very established tanks. Some fish stores won't even sell that kind of coral because it's virtually guaranteed that it won't survive.

Never take the word of the person who is trying to make money off of you. Always post your ideas of what you might like to buy beforehand, and read up on them and research before you spend money on an animal.

today i got me an alveopora well not one but 3 its 3 branches on the rock and all trhee braches have an alve on it how cool only 45$

30 min after i put in
IMG_0331.JPG

opening
IMG_0330.JPG

Back