Jenna09's Red Sea Max 130D Build

I brought over a few rocks today and some polyps and a piece of cabbage. Picking which rocks I want to transfer over is more difficult than I thought it was going to be I have some really nice pieces lol

I also brought over 3 snails and apparently 1 snail without a shell (I don't know what it is lol)

I also picked up a new clown that is much smaller than my current clown and I'm going to put him in first tonight and add my other 2 fish this weekend.

Pics to come

3/4 Full
PC287714.jpg

Sand in and still a bit cloudy
PC307735.jpg

My 2 pieces of rock moved over lol I have a few hours a moving rocks to do at my parents house and didn't have time tonight!
PC317743.jpg

New Clown Piccolo
PC317745.jpg

Aquascaping...maybe not lol
PC317746.jpg

Yes it is expensive but that is part of this hobby lol I am loving that everything is all compact in the back and there is 1 wire to plug into the wall!

Jenna

According to the RSM manual they are T5 Power Compact 50/50...they are just power compact 50/50's though. From what I've been told T5 and PC cannot be together. And they look like normal PC bulbs.

Jenna

The 34g RSM has PC lights, the 65g RSM comes with T5s ... I stopped by an LFS the other day and they had a fully stocked 65, it was a very nice tank.

The lights are deceiving because they actually say T5 power compacts on the bulbs and the fixture; and you have to buy the RSM bulbs for the fixture and they say the same thing.

Anyways here are a few more pics, I added some more rock today and my other clown and bi-colour blenny, plus a few snails and hermits and my remaining corals. I will be adding more rock now that I took down my display at home and rocks are all over the place. I definitely need some more rock in this tank it still looks bare to me.

P1017754.jpg

P1017757.jpg

P1017758.jpg

P1017765.jpg

Thanks for looking
Jenna

Its actually orange and dark purple and I don't know what it is lol

It just grew over the last year and I posted it in the id section and I think we sort of determined it was some kind of algae, but I moved it over anyways lol its one of my fave "corals" I have right now.

When moving over my rocks I noticed it growing on other rocks and was either orange or purple as well so I am assuming its just some form of hardish forming algae....? When I touched it, it actually felt like a a dead leaf but was soft if that makes sense and swayed in the current. I hope it survives in this tank, I put it under the cave because it was at the bottom of my other tank and was partially under a cave there as well.

Jenna

Jenna your Skimmer is supposed to be new and improved over the original one (like I have)....... So I was wondering if you are seeing much action from it?

A bit of advice would be to leave it running all the time, even if your not getting a lot of waste production. Mine quit producing much at all so I thought I'd turn it off. When I did the next morning I had lost two fish because the oxygen drops dramatically without it on.

I have not had time to play with the skimmer, its doing a bit but not much. Once I play with it I am sure it will work good.

Today I also picked up a donut coral, a yellow prawn goby and a neon goby. Now my tank is fully stocked fish wise and I can work on corals.

:)

Jenna

The skimmer isn't "skimming" much lol but it might be because it is new....

Anyways here are some pics of my new pickups...minus the neon goby he is so small I doubt I will ever see him but he was cute and I thought would be a good addition for the rare times that I do catch a glimps of him.

My new goby "Oscar"...I think he is beautiful!
P1057794.jpg

P1057780.jpg

P1057787.jpg

My new donut
P1057782.jpg

My old blenny that lived in an unplugged powerhead for over a year but came out right away in this tank and is loving life lol
P1057778.jpg

Tank shot
P1057767.jpg

Thanks for looking
Jenna

Everything looks great Jenna! I'm sure you'll see that neon goby, mine never left the front of the tank when I'd walk up to it. He was such a great fish.

I brought over a few rocks today and some polyps and a piece of cabbage. Picking which rocks I want to transfer over is more difficult than I thought it was going to be I have some really nice pieces lol

I also brought over 3 snails and apparently 1 snail without a shell (I don't know what it is lol)

I also picked up a new clown that is much smaller than my current clown and I'm going to put him in first tonight and add my other 2 fish this weekend.

Pics to come
the snail you found that has no shell might be a stomatella snail. i have two of them. they have a shell per say but its flat and kind of like a fingernail. from what i hear they are harmless and actually a good part of a cuc.

Back