jester goby

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
anyone know if these are reef safe for sure?? i was like 100% sure they were but liveaquaria said "with caution"... is this right?

yeah fish need to come with an on/off switch for being reef safe... none of this maybe crap...

well anyway, if anyone has any more experience with them let me know, its really cool and colorful but its tiny so if it started to bother corals i would NEVER be able to get it out.

well it looks like ill be getting it... however im not getting until sudnday afternoon so if anyone has anything else to chip in let me know still!

You should be fine, I have never had any issues with them picking on corals. They might irratate them such as a clown goby would, by perching on a coral.

I wish we could no with out a doubt if a fish would be reef safe lol. I have a reef safe purple tang that decided that it likes to eat open brains, he won't touch anything but them and he didn't mess with anything for 5 years go figure.

well i looked around a little more and some sites say that they sometimes pick on SPS's... i also was looking to get a blue Crocea clown, its only like 2 inches, but im not sure what requirements are to keep one. Anything in particular? I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture for lighting.

lots of light you will have to have it high in the tank on some rock. and that should be good but i really dont know for shure. mine does fine on the bottom but i have 8 bulbs

The deal is amost all blennies have the potential to nip sps corals. very unlikely for most, but can range to fish like the leopard blenny that ONLY eats sps, nothing else. as long as you have a good source of algae in your system you should be fine.

Back