jhnrb 150 reef

jhnrb

Reef enthusiast
Progress pic's of the equipment room. Main pump is in, UV sterilizer is in, Mechanical filters are in, Refuge platform is done and refuge is in position with plumbing continuing. Chiller will be next project to plumb in.
IM002432.JPG

IM002431.JPG

IM002433.JPG

Last edited:
Heaters are wired in with on off switch and from there to the controller (blue tubing).

IM002669.JPG

Here is a pic of the finsihed reef base. added more platforms and rock. this will be the base for the system.

IM002667.JPG

Last edited:
I like the fake fish in there for now. BTW it looks great. If I dont get my water prob fixed I just might go with that set up (fake fish). LOL

Following are three pictures that show the progress in the equipment room: more electrical with on/off switches for the uv sterilizer, chiller pump, heaters. Monitoring equipment pin point. Part of the dosing system. Automatic makeup with kalk. (Geo 618 system)

IM002713.JPG

IM002715.JPG

IM002716.JPG

Last edited:
Here is how the pump vibration will be handled. Rubber stops apprx. 1 1/4" by 1" tall, #8 stainless screw through base into center of rubber stop. Mag-2 pump for Phosphate reactor.

IM002719.JPG

IM002718.JPG

Bottom will have a dab of silicon to keep in place. This for a sump installation.

Last edited:
Progress on equipemnt shed. - Protein outflow collection - phosphate reactor

IM002835.JPG

this pic also shows the main pump batt backup under plastic on the shelf, and the manifold is mostly completed now along with the phosphate reactor.
IM002837.JPG

Last edited:
Progress for the week. Pump manifold completed.

IM002857.JPG

Main protein skimmer mounted. The canister filters on the floor will be removed and used only when needed to afford more floor space for moving around. a bit tight but will work. The canister filters have double quck disconnect valves so the canisters can be removed at top and bottom.
IM002859.JPG

Last edited:
How long have you been working on this one tank? When do you plan to have it up and going? Did you make the skimmers and phos reactor?

Just a thougth but with so much going into the filters and stuff have you thought about using a bigger tank as opposed to a 150? At least a 220.

The 150 was the largest I could put in the location. due to the need to keep enough room for wheel chair access between wall and tank stand a larger tank was not fisable. There are too many systems with out adequate filtration, oxygen levels and replacement minerals and stuff. this system is to provide the best filtration and versatility I can put together so I can go in any direction I want. since I will be doing some aqua farming also, some of the pieces I have located are fairly expensive and have a year to two year wait period for frags. so it is my intent to not over stock the system. with the equipment I should not have a problem with that. All of the equipment will not run 24/7. some will be as needed and others are on controllers with probes. There is also a lot of automation built in so the majority will be automatic. top off, kalk, calcium reactor, dosing various items, etc. Ah now if in the future a bigger tank is doable the system support equipment will handle it. Thanks for the comments. The main skimmer euro reef rc 250 will be plumbed into the CPR cy-294 and receive its feed from the water returning from the tank and loop back to the the same chamber. Im working on that now. pics when done. Ive been working on the total system for 1 1/2 years. The equipment in the shed is premanufactured, I am only doing the modifications to integrate into the system. (hopefully water by June if not sooner). Thanks for the questions and comments.

Last edited:
I have to try that mod for that MagDrive.They annoying vibrate all over the place.Thanks for that tip.

Jnrb,I don't mean to get personal but are you handicap also.I am and sometimes have difficult doing things with my tank that I use to do.Thankfully, I have a few reefers that helps me out.(They helping me with a Refugium setup under my tank here shortly)

Oh and by the way;your setup is the stuff of dreams.Good luck with it and keep us updated.

Back