Jkrafts 75g tank

Jkraft136

Reefing newb
Well finally going to toss up a few pics. Think i'm set on Lrock for awhile. Next up is a few colorful fish. Still undecided on which tho.

100_0495.jpg

100_0497.jpg

I would remove the adapter on the front of the Korilia pump as it tends to create a linear flow that is too strong. you will actually push more water without the adaptor but in a less obnoxious way. imo. keep us posted on the buildout.

I agree with both the above posts.
More live rock will help your filtration.And taking the screens of the powerheads will spread the flow out more.Its still the same flow rate,just more gentle.

I would get 1-2 pounds of LR per gallon. If your on a budget like most of us just buy some base rock.

I just noticed your in Ohio. My son just started at OSU. Is that a typo that you have 45 lbs of LR and 45 lbs of base? If so that must be some dense rock.

I love your live rock, where'd you get it?
Keep a close eye on your dragonet, if you don't have a lot of pods, he might have some trouble finding something to eat.

Until I get my fuge up and running I stock with about 5k pods a month. He's very fat and happy… I actually got the live rock from a friend dirt cheap

you are going to need to keep a close eye on the pod population, it took about 5-6 months for them to really go nuts in my fuge so if yours is like mine, you will probably want to keep stocking at least a couple of months past getting your fuge up and running. You could buy a small container of phytoplankton and dose your fuge if you really want to make some fat pods

Back