Joe's Juice

WarmWaterDiver

Reefing newb
Anyone know anything about Joe's Juice? I have 3 very tiny aiptasia and waay too many majano anemones. I've heard that joe's juice is pretty good if you don't want to add shrimp, nudibranchs, or butterfly fish. Comments? Opinions?

I am also starting to see Aiptasia,I been trying the boiling water through a syringe trick,so far its a hit and miss.Killed some and just piss off others.I heard of people using lemon juice but I haven't tried that.As a last resort I may have to try JJ cause I don't want any peppermint shrimps etc. either.

Shoot um up with a full strength dose of kalkwrasser. the milky stuff. should do it and it dosnt take much.

reeffreak said:
I am also starting to see Aiptasia,I been trying the boiling water through a syringe trick,so far its a hit and miss.Killed some and just piss off others.I heard of people using lemon juice but I haven't tried that.As a last resort I may have to try JJ cause I don't want any peppermint shrimps etc. either.

I've tried lemon juice both injecting it and just shooting it at the pest. It worked on a few majano anemones but did nothing to the aiptasia. I wouldn't recommend lemon juice.

I just used JJ two days ago. I got a little wild with it, syringe wouldn't squirt out and then BOOM, out it came (way too much). It was floating around the tank and the Yellow Polyps got some. I went nuts with a water change and already the Aiptasia was gone. I am talking two minutes at the most. My Yellow Polyps are all fine and my Condylactis is as well. I don't like using stuff like that but Joe's Juice has my vote all the way.

I'm very excited to try Joe's Juice if it works that well! I never had aipatsia until I brought home a cluster of button polyps. Now I am so worried I will have a tank full. I had none a month ago and boom...3! Thanks!

i used joes juice, works great. however, i got too much on a hairy mushroom, it lived but was ticked for a few days none the less. so just be careful around other corals

Just tried Joe's juice... works great! Just a couple drops and no more aiptasia! It took two treatments on one of the bigger aiptasia but he's finally gone. So far this is the only thing that worked on the small ones which are near impossible to inject at their base with a Kalk. mix. As for the majano's... it worked on them too, although I am keeping a bunch around cuz they are real green and make the tank look natural. Joe's makes it easy for population control.

Back