Jp's 72 gal Bow

jpjones

Reefing newb
First set up with 5 damsels:grumble:
FSCN0003_703460.JPG

After damsels out looks a little dif. but I like it any suggestions.
I have 100lbs reef rock &17lbs LR.
PictureLR001.jpg

using 125 SS for skimmer
PictureLR004.jpg

Hammer& colt and 1 of 3 pajama cardnals
Picture3002.jpg

hairy shrooms
Picture3003.jpg

GSP
Picture3004.jpg

Royal Gramma Ials have a 6 line wrasse but he seldom comes out.
Picture3001.jpg

Picture3005.jpg

Picture3006.jpg

any comments or suggestions would be great!
I am using bio balls but not sure how long LR will take to seed Reef rock. should i rinse the bio balls or take out now
Cal=350
Alk=3emq
phos=0
nitrate=0
ph=8.4
salinity=1.024

It looks very clean.

I would slowly start removing the bioballs now.Maybe 1/4 now and another 1/4 in a week...so on til they are all gone.I think the rocks look a little to compact,perhaps some more larger caves would be nice.

I love the corals and fish. If it were my tank, I would increase the Calcium to 450-500. I did not see your alkalinity measure, which should be about 10-11. Other ranges look good.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I would definitaly raise the calcium like Dr Marco said. you will get mixed reviews about the bio-balls. in my opinion if you don't have high nitrates, then they aren't hurting anything for now. It looks like you plenty of rock for bioligical filtration. so, there are really no need for them. you may leave them in for a few more weeks until the dry rock becomes more established. then remove them a little at a time. just my 2cents. nice tank by the way.

I love the corals and fish. If it were my tank, I would increase the Calcium to 450-500. I did not see your alkalinity measure, which should be about 10-11. Other ranges look good.

not sure how to convert but test says 3emq.do you know how to convert?

It looks very clean.

I would slowly start removing the bioballs now.Maybe 1/4 now and another 1/4 in a week...so on til they are all gone.I think the rocks look a little to compact,perhaps some more larger caves would be nice.

Thanks Reef! but I am going to hate telling my wife that cuz she said the samething about the rocks.good idea on the bio ball. i'll start tonight.

hmmm. I have no idea how to calculate that stuff. Biff is the smart one for that. I use Salifert tests for everything.

Back