June POTM - Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky

Reefing newb
The theme this month is Pairs - this is a new topic, so let's see what you've got!

Deadline for entries is 20th May, and the poll to decide the winner will be released on 21st May. The winning photo will be announced on 1st June and the winning photo will be on display for the whole of June.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

So is it pairs as in mated pairs of any kind of pair like a pistol shrimp and a goby, an Acro and it's crab?

317213_10150317567341519_2124852897_n (1).jpg

I would say anything that pairs up. So like two fish, or a shrimp and goby. I would not count something like a single clownfish and anemone, only because it's the clownfish that searches out and decides to use the anemone for a home. The anemone doesn't really care. lol
Same with acro and crab. The acro has zero say in the matter. :D
I think I would also count a school or schoal of fish. So like 2-3 anthias hanging out together.

This is the first time we've done this though, so what does everyone else think?
I know not everyone has things that pair up, so it may be a light month.

I would disagree because they do have a symbiotic relationship. The nem may not move to seek the fish out but the fish do carry food to the nem. But if they dont want it then get rid of it. Its a picture.....

I would say anything that pairs up. So like two fish, or a shrimp and goby. I would not count something like a single clownfish and anemone, only because it's the clownfish that searches out and decides to use the anemone for a home. The anemone doesn't really care. lol
Same with acro and crab. The acro has zero say in the matter. :D
I think I would also count a school or schoal of fish. So like 2-3 anthias hanging out together.

This is the first time we've done this though, so what does everyone else think?
I know not everyone has things that pair up, so it may be a light month.

I think this would be a good approach :thumbsup:

However if people struggle to get photos then perhaps we can broaden the definition in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back